Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 01:09 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
^ No need to apologize, but thanks for doing so. That's honestly no huge thought in my mind, especially these days. Again, I have no worries that I'll have my ring...once I find the right one that I want.

You’re welcome. Any update on your ring or marriage plans? It’s been almost 4 yrs since your 1st post...so I thought there might be? My fiancé & I have only been engaged since the end of 2019 & I am super ready just for it to finally happen next month. All the changes to our plans & date because of covid. Have you guys talked about a date? AND...are you still shopping for a ring...or did you decide you don’t want or need one, like some of the other posts say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 06:37 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You’re welcome. Any update on your ring or marriage plans? It’s been almost 4 yrs since your 1st post...so I thought there might be? My fiancé & I have only been engaged since the end of 2019 & I am super ready just for it to finally happen next month. All the changes to our plans & date because of covid. Have you guys talked about a date? AND...are you still shopping for a ring...or did you decide you don’t want or need one, like some of the other posts say?

She has a more current thread on a ring. Yes, she's been looking for her special ring that speaks to her.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:13 AM

Look at the ring at the top. what do you think of something like that?

Lab-grown diamonds hold greater appeal to millennials than mined – With insights from The Wall Street Journal

Old 03-18-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Yes, she's been looking for her special ring that speaks to her.

I know...but it’s been 4 yrs since she made the thread...so I asked for updates. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

I haven’t read every post......has the O.P. decided on a lab grown diamond now? They are a lot cheaper....some say they don’t hold their value. You are just paying for the cost of making it...& that’s gone way down from what I have read about them. So...maybe the O.P. can give the update on what she is looking for.

BUT...if the O.P. wants a natural diamond, buy from a reputable jeweler IMO that tracks their diamonds so you know they aren’t blood diamonds or anything sketchy. You will know they are ethically sourced. My fiancé did a lot of research on it before buying my ring & he knew the cut I loved & wanted....so...it’s easy from there.

edit: Ofc natural are going to be more expensive tho.....it’s totally about you & what you want & can afford, O.P.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 03-18-2021 at 02:11 PM..

Old 03-19-2021, 01:11 PM

8,662 posts, read 3,863,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
It’s clear that the OP is in a deeply committed relationship where the relationship is the focus and they don’t need a material item to signify their status.
Is it really that clear, if the OP has been looking for a ring (going on) four years? Most people don't even have an engagement which lasts that long. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
Some people don’t need material items to make them feel like what they have is real.
Quote:
Yes, she's been looking for her special ring that speaks to her.
Agreed re: not needing material items; but then, why is the OP taking (ridiculously) long to find a ring that 'speaks to her'? She appears to be paralyzed into indecisiveness by placing (too) much importance on it. Isn't part of an engagement ring's 'perfection' (supposed to be) its sentimental value as well i.e. how or why it was given? How sentimental can a ring be, if she hasn't worn it throughout her (long) engagement? Alas, it just becomes a diamond ring she purchased i.e. what's the point?

To the contrary, I would think one who doesn't care about anything material wouldn't want a ring, yet alone take four years (and more) to find one which 'speaks to her'.

Quote:

BUT...if the O.P. wants a natural diamond, buy from a reputable jeweler IMO that tracks their diamonds so you know they aren’t blood diamonds or anything sketchy. You will know they are ethically sourced. My fiancé did a lot of research on it before buying my ring & he knew the cut I loved & wanted....so...it’s easy from there.
Easy for you, perhaps. ;-)

Old 03-20-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Quote:

Easy for you, perhaps. ;-)

So why don't you tell us how easy or hard it was to buy Tasha's ring Cowboy? She obviously appreciates what you did. I'd really love a picture of this spectacular ring you bought.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:08 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
I got it! Now again, technically I've only looked at 2 jewelry stores all this time (Robbins Bros. & this family-owned store).

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
So why don't you tell us how easy or hard it was to buy Tasha's ring Cowboy? She obviously appreciates what you did. I'd really love a picture of this spectacular ring you bought.

You have officially announced us with this post to the ppl who don’t know us. (edit: but we won’t try to keep it quiet anymore). Thank you for saying the part I underlined tho....I really do appreciate my man & not just because of my ring ofc! BUT every man that goes through it & commits his time & patience for something he isn’t personally so interested in.. is appreciated, or I would hope so...or he shouldn’t be buying a ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I got it! Now again, technically I've only looked at 2 jewelry stores all this time (Robbins Bros. & this family-owned store)

Super exciting O.P...finally! Does this mean you own it now.....or you know the 1 you’re going to get?

Last edited by TashaPosh; 04-01-2021 at 05:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings