Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,232 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]I am not exactly sure how the renter market works in Boca Raton area; therefore need to figure out first which vacation properties are the easiest and fastest to rent?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Is this easier to rent something little more fancy but further away from the ocean or something more simple but closer to the ocean?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Which properties have best demand 1 or 2 or 3 bedrooms?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Which properties have best demand apartments of houses/villas?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]What rents easier/faster, apartment on the ocean or house/villa on the ocean?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Does Boca Raton airport make a lot of noise if you live in a close proximity to it?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks a lot,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Anthony[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 11:11 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
What terms are you looking to rent out for? Are you looking weekly, monthly, seasonally, yearly?
It all depends on what you are looking to do. The beachfront or golf properties are usually the best for seasonal properties, while you tend to get better rental value for yearly properties further from the beach as values are lower compared to rents.
There a lot of demand for every type of rental right now.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:45 AM

25 posts, read 106,398 times
It also depends on what type of property you are looking to purchase. Many condos have restrictions as to number of times per year you can rent and how long you must hold the property before you can rent it. A lot of variables come into play here. I would need more information before I can fully answer your question.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:06 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
I agree it depends on who you want as a renter. Do you want to just rent in season or full year? Some like stated the HOA will only allow 1 renter per year as well.
If you buy I would at least a 2 bedroom/2 bath. That would be the most needed. A 1 bedroom even for a couple they may not want and for resale would be even harder to sell. Though with how many condos are for sale even a 2 bedroom will be.
The airport does create a lot of noise along with the train near that runs all night too.
In terms of style I think ideal is detatched villa but those are hard to find and often more. It is the size of a condo but no neighbors. I have heard so many bad stories of leaks from other condos or bad neighbors when attatched.
Some golf communities your renter will not be able to use so that is something you will also want to check out and anyway often the HOA fees are so high
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach