Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2012, 08:04 PM

4 posts, read 10,373 times

Advertisements

Hi there all

Seriously looking at a home in the Boca Raton community called Villa Flora. I think they say this is located in Boca Pointe?

Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience in this community? Do you like it, how does the HOA do for you, any concerns about the HOA liquidity (i.e. large amount of debt etc)?

Also, what do you think about the surrounding area? Restaurants, safety etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 09:02 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
We live in the area and love the location.....There are restaurants everywhere from coconut creek/Deerfield Beach to Delray Beach to Mizner Park ...all not far....good luck

Old 02-26-2012, 04:52 PM

4 posts, read 10,373 times
Default Thanks! Quick follow up questions...

Thanks for your answer swimmom!

A few follow up questions if you dont mind...

1. Home prices - We are looking at a specific home right now and the guess is it would go for $485k. I visited another home in the same neighborhood and the individual living there mentioned home appraisals were coming in around $425k for 5 bedrooms. obviously, the person can be wrong, but was curious whether you had heard anything around bank appraisals in the neighborhood?

2. HOA financial stability - Any idea if the HOA is running liquid or not? What i mean is, I would hate to walk into a situation where the HOA is having financial trouble since that typically entails additional dues levied against the current homeowners.

3. HOA Due Increases - Any idea if the HOA dues have been increased (when and how much) over the last 10 years? Just trying to get an idea if the dues have increased significant over time...

Thanks again!!!

Old 02-26-2012, 07:01 PM

I dont live there so honestly I dont know anything about the HOA although my moms friends of 30 years do and I had joined them for lunch not too long ago and always talk about home value's and such, Since I was a Realtor I always like to keep up on things even if I wasn't licensed here..lol From what she says the value's are a bit tricky...Some homes actually have been appraising well and some well lost a lot of value, She did say that it will change if they rezone the middle school which is up for rezoning...With them being sent to a Middle school that they are not happy with, I dont think people with children will be moving in so quickly again this is coming from her and her neighbors who all have children...There have not been any announcements yet which and who will be affected just guesses..at this point it doesnt seem we are affected but they did mention Boca Point..

Old 02-28-2012, 04:43 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince2012 View Post
Hi there all

Seriously looking at a home in the Boca Raton community called Villa Flora. I think they say this is located in Boca Pointe?

Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience in this community? Do you like it, how does the HOA do for you, any concerns about the HOA liquidity (i.e. large amount of debt etc)?

Also, what do you think about the surrounding area? Restaurants, safety etc?
Bigger question should be if they force you to join the country club or not... Many older clubs can't sustain themselves without forced membership of the residents. If you like cc's and enjoy the facilities great but it maybe an issue for some buyers. Also note Boca Pointe isn't in the city of Boca Raton, it has a Boca address but won't have benefits of city police, fire rescue, city beaches, golf courses, libraries etc.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:34 AM

City that is the nice thing about boca point is there is no Equity fee to buy into the country club the only difference between lets say boca point and woodfield or broken sound is Boca Point is much older in age of residents that live there...

Boca Point has a golf course...we have had the fire dept here several times and boy they came pretty quickly there is a firehouse not too far from us...and the Sherrif Dept also acts very quickly...As for the Library we don't use it since we like to buy our books but if that is something you want to do, I would call palm beach county and ask or call the Library in Boca and they can give you information on how to obtain a library card...

Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 AM

[quote=Swimmom32;23177474]City that is the nice thing about boca point is there is no Equity fee to buy into the country club the only difference between lets say boca point and woodfield or broken sound is Boca Point is much older in age of residents that live there...quote]

Boca Pointe was full of old people when it was new 25 years ago!

Must have been the smaller homes/condos/lower price point that started that older resident trend.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Possible but your so right....lol

Old 03-01-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Possible but your so right....lol

I had a friend buy in Valencia when it was new (next to Villa Flora). She was newly divorced, drove a Corvette and was a somewhat wild personality. Both neighbors were retirees in their 80's and spent their days going from the golf course to the dr's offices.....My friend bailed in less than 2 years, she couldn't take it anymore. She said going home was depressing, absolutely nothing in common with the development's residents and this was single family 3-4 bedroom homes, not square box condos with carports!

Construction on the house was atrocious as well.....

Old 03-01-2012, 10:12 AM

that is why we didnt rent there it was a bit too old..and now they will be rezoning them from what I've been told they will be going to Boca Middle..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach