Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 09:31 AM

46 posts, read 70,731 times

Advertisements

Family of 4, likely moving to Boca next summer. My kids are 8 and 12. Schools are my number 1 priority. Any suggestions where I should be looking? Want to stay in or as close as possible to Boca, budget up to 1M for housing. Prefer new construction. I was there two weeks ago, and Parkland, which many people suggest, seems a little out there for us. I prefer to be closer to the water and shopping. Love the look of Seven Bridges, but not digging the Olympic Heights HS it aligns with. Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 07:12 PM

6 posts, read 6,604 times
I suggest looking for homes in the Del Prado Elementary/Omni Middle/Spanish River High school districts. We live in Boca and my three kids have attended, or are currently in, all three schools. Really great families, teachers, sports and programs.

Please feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:48 AM

110 posts, read 110,277 times
Did you look at Parkland? Parkland is just south of Boca and is pretty comparable when it comes to schools. You could also try Palm Meadows in Boynton Beach. This is a new construction development, it actually just started with the first homes available at the end of August or beginning of September. The schools that this development is expected to feed into are also well rated.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the advice. I did look at Parkland in July, but it was very brief. Seemed a little far when I drove from the Boca Beach club where I was staying. I do prefer to be closer to the coast, but it might work for us.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:20 PM

16 posts, read 25,527 times
Parkland to the South Beach Park in Boca is around a 25-30 minute drive. Not too too bad.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:24 PM

311 posts, read 451,442 times
Honestly, if your priority is schools, why even bother with public schools? With a budget of $1Million for a house, I am guessing you could afford it. Boca has several outstanding private schools.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeZoo View Post
Honestly, if your priority is schools, why even bother with public schools? With a budget of $1Million for a house, I am guessing you could afford it. Boca has several outstanding private schools.

Thanks for the feedback. Considering all options.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:32 PM

16 posts, read 25,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeZoo View Post
Private or Parochial (assuming you are Roman Catholic). I agree that if you have that large of a budget, the $10k for Parochial and ~$20k for a school like Pine Crest should be in your zone.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:38 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
As crazy as the real estate market is, and as volatile as it is in FL especially, I would really second guess spending 1m on a house. Like **** could hit the fan in FL soon and you may buy a home that's worth half what you paid for it.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,292 times
Depends how highly you want to spend for private schools. I can assure you the public facilities and education are not even close to a school like Saint Andrew's which i attended. Then again I think that most education systems in the US are lacking, but thats another story. For a price range in 1M, i would suggest looking at some country clubs or gated communities in central boca which would be a real nice fit for your family possibly Woodfield Country Club, Seasons, Mizners Preserve, etc... Depends if you can handle the club fees though but Woodfield just redid their pool and fitness facilities making it a top choice. These clubs are about 10-20 minutes tops from the Boca resort - you could join here instead of a country club - but all these communities are in a very safe location with countless amenities within a short drive. If you are a big tennis fan, Woodfield CC has the number one tennis program in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach