Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:49 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

[quote=TriMT7;17201939]Yes. Southern culture has always been known for its hospitality. "Y'all can come back but you can't stay, ya hear?"

^^^I've never once heard that phrase, sorry.

Acceptance and tolerance? Not so much.

^^^Again, how would you know? By living in the panhandle for 3 yrs? Is the panhandle a part of NC?

Well Com, that's because you don't know everyone in the world. Many people actually like semi-tropical weather, the ocean, etc. Even people who come from the south.

^^^I'm not disagreeing, I love the ocean and I could use some warm weather right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 08:58 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
^^^Ok, you know 9 people? I meet people from FL who love it here (NC) every single day. Half of my neighborhood in fact. Let's not get into a competition and compare. It's not even close.
funny cause most of my uncle's friends who live in Ashville are from Florida..they live in both places...this isnt a competition..You blatantly stated that people wouldnt or don't move here from those
Southern states and in fact you happen to be incorrect....Not everyone thinks its doom and gloom here...they all came with pretty good jobs, and some of them have business's that are doing well etc....by no means would I dare to compare the 2....In fact I know more than 9 people persay I was giving you an example of people that have moved here recently and are very happy they did...hard for you to believe I get it but it is in fact the truth...there are people from Charlotte coming back for whatever reason...

Old 12-31-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
funny cause most of my uncle's friends who live in Ashville are from Florida..they live in both places...this isnt a competition..You blatantly stated that people wouldnt or don't move here from those
Southern states and in fact you happen to be incorrect....Not everyone thinks its doom and gloom here...they all came with pretty good jobs, and some of them have business's that are doing well etc....by no means would I dare to compare the 2....In fact I know more than 9 people persay I was giving you an example of people that have moved here recently and are very happy they did...hard for you to believe I get it but it is in fact the truth...there are people from Charlotte coming back for whatever reason...
I didn't say that. I said I'll take your word for it, I just dont know any southern transplants from NC/GA/TN moving to FL.

PS - Are you Berry4life?

Old 12-31-2010, 09:29 AM

ok so you take our word for it..when we moved to NC our 1st year we loved it..Why because it was a very pretty place to live and loved the outdoor restaurant's etc...I will never say it isnt pretty there..after living there a year and really getting to know people it just wasnt our cup of tea..we were happy with the schools for our children and at that point couldnt imagine living anywhere else but I always tell people you must give a place some time to really see what people are like and what makes one happy and well 12 years ago we were looking to buy a house in Wellington but because of my family we chose to stay up North...we moved to NC for a change of life which was a good thing at the time and dh had a great opportunity so we figured why not? with that being said what makes us happy might not make other people happy...We met plenty of South florida people who could not understand our choice to Leave NC and come here to South florida...some of those people are now the ones looking to move back...doesn't mean that everyone is unhappy here or there...Like ive said before there is no such thing as utopia and you learn to live with the good and the bad, and if one chooses to leave then fine...I just dont personally see the Fascination with it...Cheaper isnt always better which is most people's reasons for moving to States like those...Dh had 1 job offer in GA and 1 he Didnt get and Im so glad he didn't as it wasn't where we wanted to be...so everything in life happens for a reason...but im so tired of people thinking the grass is greener on the side because I tell you we thought the same thing until we realized its Just Different.....

Old 12-31-2010, 09:38 AM

^^^ I'm glad you're happy in S FL. I think I've said that before. I only get defensive when a select few of folks here claim that places like NC and TN are "fake friendly" which is untrue, and I think you and I (folks that have actually lived in both states) can both agree on that.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:40 AM

Your right it is untrue...we had met so many southerners that were very nice...and you are right about the Transplants in Charlotte!! that was one of my Points...and its not fair to lump One group into another because lets face it it doesnt matter whether your southern or Northerner people arent nice all over...but I feel the same way about where I live that you feel about Ashville..so again lets agree to disagree although I do agree with you on the Mention Above

Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 AM

^^^ Thank you. It gets old when a select few say that the friendliness isnt genuine. It's kind of sad to think that if people are that friendly, it must be fake.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
^^^ Thank you. It gets old when a select few say that the friendliness isnt genuine. It's kind of sad to think that if people are that friendly, it must be fake.
I totally Agree Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:47 AM

You too, Swimmom32!

Old 12-31-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatebootlegger View Post
I lived all over south florida, miami, ft.liqourdale, palm beach and let me tell ya, its was awesome beautiful women crazy dam times 24 /7 but being a tower crane operator isnt easy when your at a party 24/7 with crazy women day and night had to bail out to survive but, still have a place in key west!!
So I will say you like Florida..LMAO Happy New Year..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach