Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 06:29 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,594 times

Advertisements

I live in Brooksville and have great friends moving to Boca soon. Can anyone tell me if there are any dog friendly beaches in the vicinity of Boca?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 06:55 PM

71 posts, read 176,764 times
Funny there's a sighthound group from Davie which is about 30 min. from Boca that does lure coursing in Brooksville & Jacksonville.
FL-SOMOS : SOMOS : Southern Most Sighthounds

What's your friend's breed?

Try Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Jupiter. Nothing in Boca. There was a Vet trying to get a dog beach in Delray, but don't think it ever happened.

FloridaPets.net - Pet friendly places to play with your pet in Florida

We have 2 dog parks in Boca - Canine Cove & Mizner Bark.

If your friend needs a Vet, I'd recommend Dr. Michael Posner, www.mobilevet2u.com.

Last edited by runwiththewind4; 06-09-2011 at 07:06 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 09:06 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,978 times
I was visiting there back in April/May and I found a dog park in Boca and one in Lake Ida. I know your asking about dog beaches, tho. Oh, and there is a dog beach somewhere in Juniper but I don't know where.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 AM

66 posts, read 238,196 times
Hello and cool that you are helping your friend find doggie beaches!

The only dog friendly beaches are about 30-60 minutes away. The closest one to them would be in Fort Lauderdale or Hollywood. (30 minutes south) They do charge a parking fee of $10 I think. But there is also one in Jupiter. (60 minutes north)
Here is a link with info and addresses etc: Florida Dog Beaches

There used to be one in Boynton Beach but apparently someone's dogs went for one of the endangered sea turtles nest and that was the end of that.

I would certainly sign any petition to get another dog beach opened up in Boynton or Delray.

Good luck to your friends in their move!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:36 AM

71 posts, read 176,764 times
Veggienut, we have two dog parks in Boca. Canine Cove is in West Boca and is free. Go west on Glades and cross over 441. It's on the right hand side before West Boca High School. There is also a golf course, children's playground and Sunset Cove Ampitheatre in that area. Mizner Bark I think charges over $200 for those living outside the city limits. Mizner Bark has small, med. and large areas where Canine Cove only has small & large dog areas.

All the information can be found on this website:
www.floridapets.net.

I went to Lake Ida many moons ago but have heard there are too many aggressive dogs there. I think people are busy chatting and don't pay attention to their dogs. My motto: keep one eye on your dog and the other eye on the person you're speaking with.

There are other dog parks in Palm Beach County as well as Broward. Dog beaches are limited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach