Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,056 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any agencies or churches that offer help for Christmas My family & I just moved here... My Sister & I from Buffalo, Ny.... My other Sister from AZ .... we are all starting over but have 10 children between us... I’m not trying to scam anyone & don’t want anyone thinking such which is why I’m not asking from anyone but from a agency. We don’t have a car so its really hard to get around & I cant seem to find much at all if anything online Any info would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAuthentic View Post
Anyone know of any agencies or churches that offer help for Christmas My family & I just moved here... My Sister & I from Buffalo, Ny.... My other Sister from AZ .... we are all starting over but have 10 children between us... I’m not trying to scam anyone & don’t want anyone thinking such which is why I’m not asking from anyone but from a agency. We don’t have a car so its really hard to get around & I cant seem to find much at all if anything online Any info would be great.
You're all "starting over", with 10 kids...and you all moved (which is expensive as all heck) to somewhere where you have nothing?
Try asking a church or a homeless person, maybe. They would know something....can't say I feel the least bit sorry for you though.....that sounds like a pretty irresponsible thing for you to do, to say the least. Three adults made the decision? "No car"?

What sort of "help for Christmas" are you referring to? Food or presents?
I doubt there's any "agency" that will do anything for you.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,031 times
you can go to food pantry off indiantown road and military trail, they give out food after 2pm on weekdays I believe, ask your local church, they will also tell you where is the food bank. as far as living goes, without a car you can't get much choices in finding jobs, maybe you can go to the El Sol center at where the food pantry is, people go there to hire day labor.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,056 times
Rainroosty... Thanks for ur opinion of my situation theres nothin better then a person who reaches deep inside themselves merely to judge someone based on almost anothing at all. My Aunts were sick so my mom moved to take care of them, my mom wasnt doin so hot so I followed to help her ... money isnt everything principles & family are. I didnt ask anyone to come out of pocket nor did I try to get anyone to feel for me either. Im NOT really worried 11 years one isnt so great not a problem Ill make it up to them. THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION THOUGH :-) XOX'S happy holidays.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Contact the Children's Home Society. I know they have gift programs for kids at the Holidays. Also, mentorship programs.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAuthentic View Post
Rainroosty... Thanks for ur opinion of my situation theres nothin better then a person who reaches deep inside themselves merely to judge someone based on almost anothing at all. My Aunts were sick so my mom moved to take care of them, my mom wasnt doin so hot so I followed to help her ... money isnt everything principles & family are. I didnt ask anyone to come out of pocket nor did I try to get anyone to feel for me either. Im NOT really worried 11 years one isnt so great not a problem Ill make it up to them. THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION THOUGH :-) XOX'S happy holidays.
Oh!
Well then, happy holidays and super-good luck to you and yours, too! I hope you get all you wish and hope for!

Old 12-16-2012, 09:12 AM

13 posts, read 52,953 times
Christ Fellowship on North Lake Blvd usually helps around Xmas time.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:41 AM

8 posts, read 30,874 times
You could check with the kids' schools....the agencies often contact them to reach those in need. Often, the schools can be a valuable source of info & resources for families....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach