Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 06:55 PM

24 posts, read 96,505 times

Advertisements

Is this area still a decent place to reside in? In doing research, I have read that the best place to live in this neighborhood would be north of Barbara Street, and that the south end near Donald Ross are a bit more rough than the north end. This area is an area of interest due to the lack of HOA fees. Any other opinions on this neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 05:11 AM

17,316 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMABirdUNC View Post
Is this area still a decent place to reside in? In doing research, I have read that the best place to live in this neighborhood would be north of Barbara Street, and that the south end near Donald Ross are a bit more rough than the north end. This area is an area of interest due to the lack of HOA fees. Any other opinions on this neighborhood?
You are correct......also note there are a lot of wood frame houses, the CBS homes are more desirable and usually newer.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:24 AM

98 posts, read 167,366 times
It's an older neighborhood, and actually, most of that neighborhood is rough. I'd look somewhere else. Jupiter Farms does not have an HOA, nor does Juno Isles if that's a prerequisite. I'm sure there are many neighborhoods in the area without HOA's. A realtor could probably fill you in.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:05 PM

17,316 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meezermom View Post
It's an older neighborhood, and actually, most of that neighborhood is rough. I'd look somewhere else. Jupiter Farms does not have an HOA, nor does Juno Isles if that's a prerequisite. I'm sure there are many neighborhoods in the area without HOA's. A realtor could probably fill you in.
It certainly isn't "rough".....the northern 1/2 is nice well kept homes and there are a few really nice new construction homes there as well. Lots of cops live there (almost a cruiser on every block)! The southern 1/2 has some duplexes that are rentals, with some rough patches but as rents rise, the rough element is being pushed out. Can't beat the location, close to Abacoa, shops on Donald Ross and I95 is one traffic light away. Tons of kids there also....my buddy has lived there for over 20 years and loves it. He has block parties with 50-100 neighbors showing up with food/coolers full of booze and it is a great time whenever I get invited! Christmas is insane with every block doing a "theme"......

Old 03-09-2014, 06:08 AM

228 posts, read 362,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
It certainly isn't "rough".....the northern 1/2 is nice well kept homes and there are a few really nice new construction homes there as well. Lots of cops live there (almost a cruiser on every block)! The southern 1/2 has some duplexes that are rentals, with some rough patches but as rents rise, the rough element is being pushed out. Can't beat the location, close to Abacoa, shops on Donald Ross and I95 is one traffic light away. Tons of kids there also....my buddy has lived there for over 20 years and loves it. He has block parties with 50-100 neighbors showing up with food/coolers full of booze and it is a great time whenever I get invited! Christmas is insane with every block doing a "theme"......

Agree, this neighborhood puts on a killer Christmas light show!

Old 03-09-2014, 09:03 AM

24 posts, read 96,505 times
Excellent, thanks again guys. I currently work in Jupiter and I've investigated this area; we'll see what turns up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach