Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 14,427 times

Advertisements

HI I am currently looking for a whole house water system for our well water. Anyone recommend a great one?

Pls do not contact me if you are a sales rep.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 02:13 PM

5 posts, read 11,268 times
There are many whole home water filtration systems on the market. Most of the time, when used with a well, people generally just have a sediment water filter system, although for my system, I have one with a sediment filter and a carbon filter. This is the system I got, Aquasafe Big Blue Dual Stage Whole House Water Filter - $185.99. They suggest having a plumber install it, but if you have done some plumbing before, it isn't that hard.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:18 AM

72 posts, read 226,851 times
Default Atlantic Water Filter

I lived in Loxahatchee for a brief time around 5 years ago, and during our stay out there we had to replace the water filter system in the house we built. We had a giant tank filled with carbon and a water softener. At first I ordered replacement Carbon and tired to refill the tank myself to save money, but to make a long story short I messed up the tank and in the end had to call in a professional. It ended up costing me more money than if I just went with the professional in the beginning. As a side note I am not trained in any way in plumbing, I'm just cheap.

We went with Atlantic Filter Corp, which has a store located in the Ibis shopping center. There philosophy is not to introduce Chlorine to the water at any point. some systems use chlorine first to kill everything, then carbon filter it out. They feel chlorine is a carcinogen and don't want it anywhere near your water. So they installed any even bigger carbon tank and left my old softener alone, as it seemed to be working still. However, Carbon does build up bacteria, so you have to flush it with something to keep it bacteria free. There system uses a nightly hydrogen peroxide flush which is stored in a smaller tank next to the big tank. It is all automatic, but you have to keep the small tank filled with their solution.

It seemed to work really well, but we also never drank that water, just used it for bathing. We also were only out there another 6 months because my wife hated it out there, so i don't know how long it lasted before it needed maintenance. Hope that helps.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:14 PM

530 posts, read 666,847 times
What is going on with the health situation in Acreage?

Old 05-03-2014, 12:29 AM

2 posts, read 14,427 times
thanks for the responses. I am still researching this as I am confused as to whether or not a reverse osmosis system and local service techs is better than cartridge type filters such as aquasana...
Any insight from others would be appreciated. thanks!

Old 05-05-2014, 06:51 AM

72 posts, read 226,851 times
Reverse Osmosis is going to give you the purest water you can possibly get, but there is a catch to it. It strips so much from the water that it can damage your pipes (google it, I can't quite remember why it does that). Most places recommend if you do RO only do it as drinking water and not a whole house system. I had a small RO system under my sink that feed my refrigerator drinking water system. For added protection, I added a mineral filter after my RO system that added back some minerals so it would not eat up my refrigerator pipes. Some people just add a drinking water faucet on their sink and have the RO system feed that.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:58 AM

157 posts, read 332,566 times
Nothing is going to filter out the carcinogens.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,366 times
the best Water system in loxahatchee fl to use is.. the Hydrogen peroxide system,
sold at the local ACE hardware store in the publix shopping center on seminal Pratt and Whitney blvd

the system comes with 2 huge softener tanks that are flow metered then switch , and one carbon with hydrogen peroxide carbon filter intake unit with one 4 gallon holding tank for the hydrogen solution tank

.sure its a bit more money to maintain then a chlorine system, but for the first time in 17 years out hear
i have spring water flowing into my house .no more replacing the appliances dish washer or plumbing..
and for around $3300

the folks at ACE hardware have a service Dept to take care of all your on sight installs and repairs .24-7-365 so if your not using one of there systems. get it.. or pray the county runs water up your street

,personally i got tired of waiting for the county.. now i don't even care
i have great water at my home for once and for all..

Old 05-06-2015, 05:13 AM

216 posts, read 327,646 times
I would give Atlantic Filter a call. They are worth talking to. Very competent and not pushy. I use them.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:16 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,629,836 times
Any dual house system will do. Reverse osmosis is OK but it very wasteful of water. What you really have to worry about is the following: most wells in Loxahatchee are shallow - ours was something like 40 feet. There is not enough soil in 40 feet to filter out all the crap that your neighbor might be throwing on his loan, crap that will wash out into your water supply after a big rain.

My advice would be to have one of the dual filtration whole house systems mentioned above. Use that water for cooking, showering etc. Then get yourself a Berkey to filter drinking water. Berkeys are gravity based and involve no chemicals. This would be the cheapest and best solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach