Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 03:34 PM

5 posts, read 25,573 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am thinking about taking a job in West Palm Beach. I currently live in Scottsdale in the DC Ranch/Grayhawk area. My zip code is 85255 and I live around several golf course. I would like to live in the same type of area in WPB. Can anyone make any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 06:49 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,150,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bld88 View Post
Hi! I am thinking about taking a job in West Palm Beach. I currently live in Scottsdale in the DC Ranch/Grayhawk area. My zip code is 85255 and I live around several golf course. I would like to live in the same type of area in WPB. Can anyone make any suggestions?
I'm not familiar with your current area in Arizona.

But it's difficult in Palm Beach County to ever be very far from a golf course--and that's true to some extent of Florida in general. There are many choices for "golf (course) communities". It just depends on how much money you have to play with. In Florida, a "golf community" as such is going to have an HOA, and will more than likely be gated, but I suppose that's the same in Arizona. I know that HOAs are also very common in nearby southern Nevada, at least. But, if you want to avoid HOAs, it's possible to live near, right next to, or even on a golf course without having an HOA.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:55 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Boca, and Wellington.

Take your pick. Or heck, why not just go live on Palm Beach Island? You can find condos on the South end of the Island in the 200s, and homes "in town" will generally start around the high 1s and low 2 millions.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:36 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,970 times
I'm originally from Palm Beach County and worked at DHL in North Scottsdale for a while. Don't know your zip code exactly though. But if you prefer the Fountain Hills thing, stay north of PGA Blvd. in the north end of the county.

Wellington is nice, but it's rather close to problem areas these days.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:31 PM

20 posts, read 87,589 times
I moved out to Palm Beach Gardens in August 2007 from Oro Valley, AZ (north of Tucson). I couldn't be happier with the location. Everything is nearby plus we have a big lot which we were accustomed to in AZ. What type of work do you do?

Old 12-18-2008, 08:36 PM

5 posts, read 25,573 times
Default Wpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2FL View Post
I moved out to Palm Beach Gardens in August 2007 from Oro Valley, AZ (north of Tucson). I couldn't be happier with the location. Everything is nearby plus we have a big lot which we were accustomed to in AZ. What type of work do you do?

Thank you so much for the info. I am currently in commercial real estate but know very little of residential real estate. I have heard good things about Palm Beach Gardens! Thanks again.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:08 PM

20 posts, read 87,589 times
My father in law is in commercial real estate here in Florida too. The market is getting tougher but nothing like the residential market. There are plenty of bargains out here. I sold my house in AZ for $180 sq.ft last summer (when the market was tanking) and the house I bought out here was in the $140sq ft range. Condos are dirt cheap like the previous poster mentioned. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach