Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 04:43 PM

5 posts, read 18,773 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be moving from Cocoa, Florida to Boca! I will be renting for about a year until I figure out what I'm doing. (Recently divorced)
I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice regarding areas...In my early 50's (very early ) so schools are not an issue.....but traffic and crime are.
I have looked briefly in west Boca...around Town Center area....west boca in general.traffic made me crazy. Perhaps not looking in right areas??
I'm leaning towards East Boca area...older homes I think can have more charm plus I have 2 dogs.....so larger yard is a good thing.
My Brother will be living with be for a while and driving from Boca to Fort Lauderdale area (powerline road)....I'm wondering how the traffic might be going from East Boca to that area.....any advise would be greatly appreciatedThanks for any help
Suzanne

Last edited by suzanah; 12-29-2008 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 07:21 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,383,389 times
Check out the developments around Camino Del Mar, Powerline, SW 18, Military trail.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 AM

522 posts, read 1,610,700 times
I agree that the traffic in west Boca, especially 441 is terrible. Town Center Mall is actually considered central Boca. I would recommend east Boca for you. I lived there and especially for a single woman, there is so much to do around there. Unfortunately, you have to take I-95 to Fort Lauderdale - I personally hate 95, especially going south, but it will take around a half hour from Boca.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:11 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Generally speaking traffic flows from west to east in the morning and from east to west in the afternoon. Glades runs through the east-west center of Boca and is probably the most trafficked thoroughfare. I find ways to avoid it and usually succeed.

West Boca is to a significant extent a bedroom community for family people who work in offices in central and east Boca. In that sense, you are probably better off in east Boca. There are really no bad areas in Boca, especially south of Yamato, though, as you mentioned, some are old with more or less character.

Going down Powerline to arrive at Ft. Lauderdale makes no sense if you are talking about Ft. Lauderdale proper, it may make more sense if you are talking about Davie, for example.

Generally speaking, it is better to live as close to work as possible. If your brother works in Ft Lauderdale, it would probably be better if he lives in Ft Lauderdale.

You do not mention if you will seek employment, but chances are you will find it in east or central Boca, depending on what you do ... software and telecommunications technology, sales, business services, legal, medical, property management services, local government services (county services office opening up soon) and so on.

Living and working in east/central Boca is among the best that southeastern Florida has to offer.

Enjoy!

Old 12-31-2008, 04:35 PM

5 posts, read 18,773 times
Thanks to Everyone who answered my request for information. I got some good ideas.....I'm looking forward to moving to East Boca!!

Suzanne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach