Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:09 AM

23 posts, read 98,298 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

We just landed at McArthur airport on Long Island returning home from Century Village, West Palm yesterday. We are also moving down to the Palm Beaches but not to Century Village.

Most of my husband's family live in the West Palm Century Village and have since the 1980s. One, his cousin, is Treasurer of the board of Directors. She is also head of the beautification committee.

We find the Village an excellent place for retired folks. I believe there are 11 pools including a resistance pool. Many have water views and the amenities and buildings are kept quite well. While I am not bragging, we are leaving an $850,000 home on Long Island so our standards are above average. Actually, we wouldn't have mom live anywhere else.

The lifestyle there is a healthy one. Community buses take the residents here, there, everywhere. Mom has no car and that doesn't present a problem at all. She's more active socially than we are.

Truthfully? It's one of Florida's best kept secrets, and the prices on the units are very low now. It's the time to buy.

I know the President of the Board of Directors stepped down a few days ago and the rest of the board are in an uproar over that -- but that could happen at condos or homeowners associations costing 10 times more.

Security is really tight...we can't even get in without her clearing us at the gate house. We haven't heard of any crime to speak of.

After spending 8 days, visiting daily, and visiting & enjoying 4 of their many pools we didn't see anything that needed repair. All was clean and inviting. Of course, there are those that will always complain -- but I didn't find the complaints justified.

The maintenance fees are very low, perhaps around $300 or a bit more covers the expenses.

Mom and her sisters, 3 of them, are all over 90 and remain active and occupied. Card games, shows, just the general friendliness of the Village are so appealing.

As another poster said, the clubhouse is beautiful, newly renovated and has quality entertainment.

There is a golf course nearby, but it was closed. Seems there is some speculation as to what will happen to it now...a new owner? Land being sold? They don't know.

It is an over 55 community and younger families are not allowed to buy in. That, in it's own way, is quite pleasant. Visitors (grandchildren) are welcome, and there is no fuss about them.

Our mother snow-birded from NY to CV for about 20 years and is now there full time. In all honesty, I could see myself living there but we're buying into a nother higher priced over 55 community in Delray.

We had no problem staying for a month while our aunt was in NY. Proper notification must be given, and permission obtained, but we were never discouraged from staying when an owner wasn't home.

Pleanty of shade by the pools, evenings are cool, days are sunny and even the summers there are enjoyable. I'd check it out seriously if I were you...it is Florida's best kept secret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 12:10 PM

148 posts, read 682,593 times
Thanks so much for the information. We are going to look at CV in WPB, Boca, and Deerfield for our parents. It sounds like a good place for them!

Old 07-14-2008, 08:29 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,562 times
Shark, I'd say CV in Boca is a great choice however, I like Boca Lago better. It is more hip but not crazy and probably a little more expensive. Nice units and very, very pretty. If I had to though, I'd go to CV in Boca over many other places.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:08 PM

148 posts, read 682,593 times
Thanks - the prices do seem reasonable there and units look nicer on the website!

Old 07-19-2008, 07:37 AM

8 posts, read 107,677 times
Anyone know any good realtors for CV Boca? thanks

Old 07-20-2008, 11:54 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,562 times
I do. Write me if you are interested.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 8,279 times
Default Looking for a pet friendly seasonal in Century Village WPB

Hi, I am looking to rent a seasonal in WPB century village. It must be second floor and have a meshed balcony not an enclosed balcony and would prefer mostly tile. I have contacted real estate agents, but a lot of people do it privately. So if you know anyone, please please have them contact me at [EMAIL="linda99@ican.net"]linda99@ican.net[/EMAIL] or 416 445 5341. If emailing please ask them to put Florida in subject line as I get tons of emails through my owrk. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me........

Old 07-02-2009, 07:39 PM

20 posts, read 117,171 times
Default Small dog

Which century village takes a small poodle thankyou

Old 07-03-2009, 06:12 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,825,500 times
I had looked at century village in Boca for my mom but they don't allow pets cause she has a small dog. That is too bad cause I would think many older people would enjoy the companionship of an animal.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 16,227 times
I am looking in buying a condo in Cv WPB I just turn out 55 and I would like to know if we can rent a few time a year and if familly can go alone ??? I heard that it is different from association to association is this right??

Last edited by butch007; 02-09-2010 at 12:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach