Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 02:12 PM

88 posts, read 413,755 times

Advertisements

Hi, I found this forum and am glad I did. Lots of good info.

Anyways, I am moving to South East Florida in May '06 from Calif. I am interested in leasing and apartment somewhere between Pompano Beach and South Palm Beach, but I am not sure where. Are their any locations / neighborhoods that should be avoided due to crime or just plan bad areas? Any info is appreciated.

Also are there any reputable rental agencies in the Florida area? I need to secure an apartment, sight unseen, before the move.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2006, 10:40 AM

4 posts, read 34,437 times
Default Hello

Rentals are getting harder to come by due to most of the developments converting to condos. I can help you find a place. My services are free to buyers and we have no application fees for mortgages if you are interested. I can also search rentals. What area are you interested in? You can check out my website at URL removed. I will be glad to assist you in any way. I am also a Police Officer in Palm Beach county. I know the areas pretty good.

Last edited by Marka; 02-26-2006 at 11:38 PM..

Old 04-06-2006, 11:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,501 times
I know of a 3 bedroom 2 and a half bath villa furnished available for 6 months from May-Nov. I think rent is about $1800.00 per month very safe gated community in Delray Beach 2 miles from the ocean..across from a golf course.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:30 PM

26 posts, read 110,582 times
Of the towns you've mentioned, Delray (or Boynton) and Boca are better -- try Highand Beach -- very nice -- it's between Delray and Boca.

Old 05-06-2006, 03:32 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,788,075 times
Default Highland Beach???!!!

Liberty911, are you a millionare? Or better yet, a MULTI millionare? If not, don't even look there!!! I can'r believe anyone would tell someone to move there! I'd LOVE to live there-when we hit the lotto!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 07:30 PM

22 posts, read 86,172 times
try delray beach. I live in boca raton on the delray boca line and delray is a great town. good luck

Old 05-15-2006, 01:35 PM

31 posts, read 144,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbound
try delray beach. I live in boca raton on the delray boca line and delray is a great town. good luck
Delray is a great town if you are between the age of 60-100. It is also great if you are a Haitian immigrant. HTH

Old 05-30-2006, 04:22 PM

9 posts, read 36,599 times
Palm Beach County Native of 34 years; If money is of little concern; Boca Raton is the place to be. Next up, I would consider Delray. That town has done a fabolous job of reinventing itself in the past 15 years. The downtown area is very trendy. The bottom of the list would have to be Pompano and Deerfield.
Wherever you look down there, check out the "western finges" of the county. Ten years ago it was all tomato fields and migrant camps along 441 (a two-lane highway). Today, it's three and four lanes each way and houses everywhere.
The odd thing about your question is that every town there has areas that are bad (maybe Boca being the exception) and every town has places that are unbelievably breathtaking (yeah, plenty of those). Good luck in your search.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:16 PM

61 posts, read 208,386 times
Default missing the variety of ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdaddy
Delray is a great town if you are between the age of 60-100. HTH
I have to agree. although I'd say the average age in Delray is about 80. One does get tired of not seeing children, babies, young couples, middle aged people etc etc
But it does have a very cute town, a great beach, and great shopping.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:12 AM

320 posts, read 1,557,141 times
When my husband was working in the area last fall, I was able to find condos, etc. for rent on a website called CyberRental, or something like that.
A lot of the properties are vacation rentals that are fully furnished, but you can fins some on there that are not.

If you can't find anything directly on the coast that suits your budget, try looking just a little inland.

Good luck.

If you want to look inland; try Parkland, Coral Springs, Loxahatchee, or Wellington just to name a few.

With out knowing your age range, income bracket, and more details on what you want from the area you live; it is kind of hard to give much more advice.

You can research city stats for any place you are considering on City Data. This should help you some in determining if the area you are looking fits your requirements and lifestyle.

Last edited by Marka; 06-14-2006 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: merged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach