Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,520 times

Advertisements

Down to earth???? Boca???? LOL!!!!! (Seriously)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
Down to earth???? Boca???? LOL!!!!! (Seriously)
Yes seriously..Our freinds are all down to earth and very normal and yes some are wealthy and others arent...Its more down to earth then where we came from...which is really funny

Old 06-23-2010, 07:36 AM

After many years of living, working and playing in Boca....down to earth?????? It's BEAUTIFUL but I wouldn't 'in general' call Boca people down to earth!!!! JMO!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM

That is your opinion and my kids find it very normal they have great friends and so does dh and I..and Boca is no different than anywhere else in the Country..There are nice people and snobs everywhere..We happen to have met wonderful real and friendly people here...We are very comfortable here as well as quiet a few people we have met from other places who were quiet surprised how nice people are...and are very happy here as well..

Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Yes, it is true...

There are some down to earth people here in Boca - I live in a neighborhood full of them, just nice people. Really.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:04 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
Overall I would not consider Boca a down to earth place. I always laugh when I see a TV show and they are making fun of Boca cause so much is true. I am not saying there are not nice people cause there are. I am amazed at how you can walk by people in your neighborhood and they may not even say hello. This is in different types of neighborhoods in Boca cause I have had experience in country club vs not. At the country club I enjoy going but the conversations I would not consider down to earth but overall it is a very nice place. Overall the positives of Boca outweigh the negatives cause I could of moved to a different part of Fl but in Aug still moving in Boca to a different community. So much depends on what bothers a person and what they are used to. Again I am not saying there is not nice people cause there are just feelings in general.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:40 AM

One should Expect to have Certain people in a Country Club that is just the way it is..We are looking in Broken Sound yes I know people that live in there and are nice...my daughter goes to school with quiet a few of them, however they dont Socialize with Those Snobs they have normal down to earth friends where they live as well...It just is what it is...Again you are going to find it anywhere...I belong to a Gym here in Boca and amazing what these women talk about not my cup of tea but that is OK because u find it everywhere...Your also single Danielle its a little different that Families..Boca West is older and old money and well Ive met a few ladies we shall we say that werent so nice who lived in there...but again I would have expected their attitude however all and all my kids have great friends and the parents real a few of my sons friends live in Woodfield their parents couldnt be any nicer and friendlier...

Old 06-24-2010, 10:02 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
I lived in Woodfield before and I have family there and St Andrews so go to the club all the time. I know it is different experience when one is single. Accept regardless if one is single, married, retired, there is a way to treat people. I have not been to Broken Sound so I have no idea about it there. Yes there are nice people but my point is in general not down to earth which was the comment that was made. I do expect there to be this type of attitude though I don't think it should be that way.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:16 PM

well we both think boca is down to earth Im so sick of the Money issue here that seems to be the problem...yeah people have money, People have money everywhere we have lived....I dont see the Snobiness that surrounds Boca..anymore than any other place...What can I say...My Nail Salon I go to is normal people and not so normal people, was the same way in the last place we lived, same thing in NJ...bottom line is what is comfortable to me might not be comfortable for someone else...It doesnt bother us and again We love the Company we keep...

Old 06-25-2010, 03:32 PM

It's really not a money issue...imo. I currently own a second home in a resort area in the Blue Ridge Mountains and EVEN the FLORIDIANS come up here for the summer and leave the attitudes behind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach