Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 11:29 AM

644 posts, read 1,485,124 times

Advertisements

I've been doing internet searches, but am not sure what areas are good. When I drive through to look at something i've found, I'm often disappointed by the area.

Ideally I'd like a newer construction, concrete block detached single story residence, either in or out of a gated community, in a nice neighborhood. I'm looking to keep the price around $250K or less and and HOA fees at $250 or less per month. I need at least 1600 sq. feet living space.

This may be a tall order in WPB, as when I drive through or do searches, it looked like the better areas seemed to have mostly condos for new construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 12:55 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Are you looking in Palm Beach County or just West Palm Beach?
If you go into West Boynton/Lake Worth there's neighborhoods like Verona Lakes, Isola Bella (dues are a little high), Smith Farms, Winston Trails and a couple others that are nice.
There are two homes in Siena Oaks in Palm Beach Gardens that would fit your criteria. Early 90's build, but a nice area close to everything.
If you need to stay in West Palm, it's a little further West, but Baywinds and Andros Isles have a few homes that would work as well.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:16 PM

644 posts, read 1,485,124 times
Thanks! I will look those up on some internet sites and see if they are of interest. I spent two weeks recently in Palm Beach Gardens, and thought the prices were a bit higher than I needed to pay in most of their newer gated communities, such as Paloma. They want close to $400K minimum for a detached single story home. So did the new Divosta community in Jupiter.

After looking around Florida, I think that is more than I need to pay in these relatively uncertain real estate times, so I will look into WPB. I think the prices may be better, and I want to be relatively close to City Centre in WPB anyway. I'd even consider a newer condo right there if the parking was covered or garaged and the HOA fees reasonable. However, I doubt I'll find all that in one package, as I never have with a condo.

I also looked at Valencia Reserve in Boynton Beach. Again, higher-priced than some other communities, and it seems to be mostly snowbird couples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach