Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2007, 06:11 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,322,910 times

Advertisements

An amusing anecdote from the Times Newspaper was the mention of federal moneys for the gateway connector from Mount Molohanis to the friendly city of Fairmont. Has anyone done the math for this 1.5 mile stretch of interstate?
Does $100 million dollars seem a little steep? For that kind of money the entire city could be bought and leveled. What is so confusing is the fact that the riverboat gambling casio that this super highway was supposed to service is scheduled to be built downriver and out of the city limits...no B&0 taxes there...
Do we need this road to nowhere? Comments are welcomed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,994,628 times
I don't know.. But I know when I was in high school and my freshmen year at Fairmont State that project was starting to be built. Man it seemed like it was probably started when I started high school, that was going on 7 years ago. I have been living in Huntington going to school at Marshall for over a year now, I just assumed that it had to be finished by now... wow..

Old 07-30-2007, 03:32 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,322,910 times
Yet to be built is the new Eldora Interchange to service the Industral Park. That will give the Friendly City 7 interchanges. LOL and I'm sure that there's money for almost everybody in them-there roads...
Puzzling is the fact that Morgantown, busting at the seams just 20 miles north, can't buy, borrow or steal a road...Just 5 interchanges to serve all that football traffic and the students...It's like the roads just stop when you enter Morgantown...
I would think that some pie-in-the-sky planner, who would come from a different planner school...(because they all seem to buy their degrees on-line from the same company), would say...Hey! What Morgantown needs is a circular belt-way...with new entries into the town from the nort side and wa-la...New town Morgantown...and we could use our cars again instead of the Broke-down PRT, and walking and the new auxillary Bicycle transport system...IE: Rails to Trails
Just think, when you're finished with graduate school that highway paint truck that's owned by Senator ??? will be painting a double yellow line down to the 67 Million Dollar Bridge...

Old 07-31-2007, 02:33 AM

I can't wait.... You made a good point though. Why aren't more road contstuction projects being undertaken in Morgantown....??? Oh well, I'm still waiting for Corridor H to be completed. It was started when my parents were in high school, and that was 30 years ago, and it looks like it wont be completed now for at least 10-15 more years. Love that funding

Old 07-31-2007, 02:33 AM

I can't wait.... You made a good point though. Why aren't more road contstuction projects being undertaken in Morgantown....??? Oh well, I'm still waiting for Corridor H to be completed. It was started when my parents were in high school, and that was 30 years ago, and it looks like it wont be completed now for at least 10-15 more years. Love that funding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia