Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 8,250 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to West Virgnia to work in Roderfield. I was wondering what would be the best place to live the area, so i do not have far commute but it is still safe and clean. I have thought about Welch since it seems like the only town in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 01:09 PM

4 posts, read 16,430 times
Default yepppy

I don't know what to tell you about any of that just wanted to say I lived in Roderfield for several years as a young child. And there was of all things a totem poll and I would like to ask when you get there would you please let me know if it still there? Juju

Old 08-13-2007, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 8,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana4 View Post
I will be moving to West Virgnia to work in Roderfield. I was wondering what would be the best place to live the area, so i do not have far commute but it is still safe and clean. I have thought about Welch since it seems like the only town in the area.
Roderfield is between the cities of Welch and Iaeger(pronounced Yeager). There are several towns in the area that would be safe places to live. If you prefer to live in city, other cities within 20 miles would be Davy, Kimball and Northfork. Also Pineville in Wyoming County is a relatively close city and would make a safe clean place to live as well.

All are on or near the Hatfield McCoy ATV trail system, so there are several ATV related businesses at all named places.

All are small, with Welch being the biggest of the bunch and the county seat (so you would be near the Courthouse). Welch also has the most businesses(Department stores/Grocery stores) Kimball has a Walmart but it is only 5 to 10 minutes from downtown Welch.

Alot of the area is run down due to being heavily populated during the coal mining years and being sorta deserted. But they are all nice safe places to live and work.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 7,837 times
Default maybe can help

I have a house for sale in Welch if you are still in need. I now live in Bluefield which is about an hour southeast. I don't get to my house but about once a week or so. Good price, good location.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 7,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy5 View Post
I have a house for sale in Welch if you are still in need. I now live in Bluefield which is about an hour southeast. I don't get to my house but about once a week or so. Good price, good location.
Hi Toy5,

We are looking at Welch as a possible move.

What about your house??

Old 04-11-2008, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 7,763 times
and if JoAnninFL isn't interested, we are coming to welch mid-may and would need someone to talk to about housing.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 7,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy5 View Post
Do you still have your house for sale in Welch? I go up and ride atv's several times each year and I'm looking for a place to buy.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:40 AM

2 posts, read 7,971 times
i was born and raised in welch wv then i moved away at 16 i am now 24 i have been to welch a handful of times to visit my parents and each time i go back it is more and more depressing how bad the place has fallin apart to me it is crazy how way way way before my time this little town was known as lil new york now its a ghost town....what can be dome to help the town of welch????? i wouldnt move my family there if someone paid me to do so

Old 10-28-2008, 11:17 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick29 View Post
Do you still have your house for sale in Welch? I go up and ride atv's several times each year and I'm looking for a place to buy.
You may want ro try sending the poster a Private Message.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:30 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,606,292 times
There are a lot of houses for sale in and around Welch. There were two floods two years in a row and that pretty much killed the city of Welch. The first floor was bad enough in 2001, but then just as things were getting back on track and getting cleaned up to have another one in 2002, well, it was more than most folks could bear. Many of the existing buildings have mold and black mold in the basements and in the ceilings. I can't show you where that's written because I am telling you from personal experience. I have seen them.

I personally bought a home in the area and the general area is full of vacation homes. The ATV craze is big here and folks like to have a house here to keep as a vacation home than stay in a motel or with friends somewhere nearby. Hunting is also big here and the vacation homes abound for those who come here to hunt. I am on city water and sewer and can count on one hand the number of houses that have year-round occupants in this area. That spells "quiet" in every known language.

Plenty of housing here. Most folks left after the second flood and business has been slow to come back. It is coming back, but ever so slowly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia