Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 PM

5 posts, read 171,178 times

Advertisements

Okay, I have a real issue with this. I have moved twice in 2 years but had no clue my ID expired until a few months ago, when applying for a new job. It just didn't occur to me to check that often lol. At the moment I am living with my family until my degree is finished. My problem is that I have no utility bills in my name. I can probably get a voters registration card with help from them and showing mail in my name. The problem is a second form of proof. All I have right now are college statements for my loan updates and those don't hold up. What else can I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 02:57 PM

110 posts, read 224,228 times
The person who has the utility bill(s) in their name can type up a statement that you are living at the address on the utility bill and get the statement notarized. Most banks have a notary, often free if you have an account with them.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Is your car in your name? I believe they will accept your registration.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:04 PM

Right now I don't have a car either. I haven't been able to afford one due to the past few jobs I've had ended up "downsizing." Basically hiring new people only to lay them off after 6 months so that they don't have to pay much in severance, lol.

@Hills - That sounds like a good idea. I do have a checking account, and both my parents and I use the same bank. I'll try that first, and come back here to let people know how that worked. I saw a thread of my own issue in the Tennessee area, which gave me the idea of coming here for help on the same subject. I'm sure others would appreciate knowing what to do also.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:04 AM

71 posts, read 176,344 times
WV State photo ID card.

How to Apply for a West Virginia Identification Card | DMV

Need your Birth Certificate, and proof of residence. (a statement from your bank addressed to you at your home, should suffice)

Old 03-11-2012, 11:32 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,285,398 times
Passport... your name on a Rental lease.... Bank statement.... the Old ID IF it was issued in WV Ever been to Dr or Hospital? They send you statements [bills] Statement for school.... statemen/bill on student loan .... Many ways to show where you live

BTW You Bcert has to have a Raised State Seal on it or the DMV will reject it! Cant be Lanimated!

Last edited by Katie1; 03-11-2012 at 11:56 AM..

Old 03-11-2012, 11:58 PM

Okay, I thought I mentioned this in my initial post. I just moved here. I don't have anything in my name or anything that's from WV because I haven't lived here long. When I say I moved twice in the past 2 years, I also meant that I just moved here from a distant part of the country.

Also, I wish people would read carefully. I'm not looking for Proof of ID. I did say quite clearly Proof of Residency. I wouldn't be posting here if I had a utility bill or car registration stamped in WV. I have already been to the DMV website so that's pretty useless to me. I'm living with family at the moment so nothing is in my name besides student loan distribution statements, which are not accepted by any DMV in the US. I've lived in a few other states and they didn't accept it either.

But please, no more posts about a birth certificate or anything else related to proof of Identification. I don't need that. Residency only.

Anyway, when I have time I'm going to try what HillsAndTrees said because that sounds like the only thing I can do that will work.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 AM

So your name is Not on a Rental lease. Living with Familly BUT You dont pay ANY Rent? gee can I move in also?? You have a Bank account BUT You dont get Statemants Mailed to you? You pay a Student Load but again No Mail?

A rental reciept even for $1 With the Address where you are staying IS proof!
Mail comming to the address is Proof!

EVERYTHING listed above are different ways to Prove where you live...duh

Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM

Katie, please read this carefully:

1. My name is NOT on the rental lease.
  2. I do online banking, but I only receive distribution statements from the loan company my college works with.
  3. The DMV does not accept any mail as Proof of Residency unless it's some form of a Utility bill. I can hand them any piece of mail that I wish, but they will not accept it. I've been sent home plenty of times as a result. If it works for you, than I guess they just have some issue with me, period.
Grow up and go "duh" someone else, okay? Everything I've mentioned is for a reason. Now, unless you have some enlightening information, quit posting here. You're not helping.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 PM

Well I know I use to rent rooms to people & they always used the Rental reciept. My son did to when he need proof of residency...tho for him the Reciept was for $1 only. He also used his Bank Statement as 2nd proof. As did my tenants. So got to the bank & get them to print out a statement for you. Have you relitives give you a rent reciept. There are also W2s where you files taxes medical card ins or state ANYTHING that has you address on it. That comes from banks or gov Heck I used my Tax Return checks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia