Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 10:50 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,228,930 times

Advertisements

Imagine a large Tractor Supply and a small Walmart mashed together. https://www.ruralking.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 11:11 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,606,367 times
It's pretty underwhelming if that's the replacement.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:20 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,228,930 times
Who knows what will go there but that is the type of property Rural King likes and they are expanding across the state.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:03 PM

456 posts, read 603,175 times
Martinsburg is still growing and even though retail is going though many changes there is still many retail that should and will be looking at that area. I hope other entrances are there because that Apple Harvest Drive is all ready horrible. Is Foxcroft Ave. a 4 lane. they need more entrances into the retail areas. I have only drove though on Apple Harvest and its poorly designed. you would think there would be more things on the other side of Martinsburg on Route 9. has anything been done at all on the Weiz Plaza. you would think the paper would have more on this. you would think Potomac Town Center in Ranson would grow more with the population growth in that area.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:14 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,512,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Does Martinsburg have a rural king? Here in Morgantown, Rural King bought the old super Kmart (and the shopping center) with plans of one day building a store where the Kmart used to be.
There aren't any Rural Kings in the four-state region. Considering all of the locations they have built and are building (Charleston, Princeton, Beckley, Rural King) throughout the state I could definitely see it happening in Martinsburg.

https://www.ruralking.com/

Old 11-08-2017, 05:50 AM

19,527 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Think some are hoping for a Sam's Club (or similar), although with our luck it'll turn into yet another mattress store or some kind of dollar store.

Does anyone know what is being constructed in the Lowe's parking lot?
Coming from the Charles Town area to Foxcroft Ave, it's big enough to block my view until I get right up there to the light. I agree with many that this area is horrendous with traffic back-ups. Between the most congested times, the traffic signal, the lanes, the last minute lane changers - imagining upcoming holiday season. What a headache that will be.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Think some are hoping for a Sam's Club (or similar), although with our luck it'll turn into yet another mattress store or some kind of dollar store.

Does anyone know what is being constructed in the Lowe's parking lot?
Coming from the Charles Town area to Foxcroft Ave, it's big enough to block my view until I get right up there to the light. I agree with many that this area is horrendous with traffic back-ups. Between the most congested times, the traffic signal, the lanes, the last minute lane changers - imagining upcoming holiday season. What a headache that will be.
Aspen Dental, Verizon and one more tenant between them.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/14725...rg-WV/8188135/

Although if you ask Facebook, everyone is 100% confident it's going to be Red Robin. One page in particular called "Remember in Martinsburg When...", baffles me. Hundreds of comments from people saying it's Red Robin on a post where I put the link above. I guess we've gotten to the point where people believe rumors over factual sources. It's quite humorous to follow.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:14 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,883,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
There aren't any Rural Kings in the four-state region. Considering all of the locations they have built and are building (Charleston, Princeton, Beckley, Rural King) throughout the state I could definitely see it happening in Martinsburg.

https://www.ruralking.com/
We have a Rural King in Parkersburg, WV. I would think that would qualify for being in the four-state region on a WV board.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
We have a Rural King in Parkersburg, WV. I would think that would qualify for being in the four-state region on a WV board.
The "four-state" region for Martinsburg and the whole Eastern Panhandle means WV, VA, MD and PA.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:46 AM

37 posts, read 111,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
The "four-state" region for Martinsburg and the whole Eastern Panhandle means WV, VA, MD and PA.
There is one in Front Royal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia