Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 06:40 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,060,416 times

Advertisements

Former soldier and POW Jessica Lynch, who holds a teaching degree from WVU, is staring in a Christian film. Ex-POW Jessica Lynch starring in Christian film | Spirit Of Jefferson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 08:43 AM

158 posts, read 247,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Former soldier and POW Jessica Lynch, who holds a teaching degree from WVU, is staring in a Christian film. Ex-POW Jessica Lynch starring in Christian film | Spirit Of Jefferson
POW? Is that what we're telling people these days? Even Lynch said she was treated well at the hospital and her injuries were being tended to. Hell, hospital staff are the ones that told the US she was there, at which point we staged a fake heroic rescue more suited for reality TV than anything else.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:55 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,060,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowKing View Post
POW? Is that what we're telling people these days? Even Lynch said she was treated well at the hospital and her injuries were being tended to. Hell, hospital staff are the ones that told the US she was there, at which point we staged a fake heroic rescue more suited for reality TV than anything else.
You know, I have to say I resent that statement. She was permanently injured, in combat, in the line of duty and taken captive while serving with complete honor. The thugs that took her captive put her in the hospital after doing unknown things to her, probably in hopes they could use her as a bargaining chip. A member of the hospital staff broke silence and notified American personnel, but she was very much a POW. There were POWs liberated in Viet Nam in the same manner.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:15 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,994,628 times
I wish I could go one day without having religion pushed down my throat... I'm proud of her for being a soldier and a POW and all but I'm so over religion.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:20 PM

708 posts, read 1,158,553 times
I thought it was kind of odd at the most Two well-known women to come out of the Iraq War were 2 of West Virginias own, Jessica Lynch and Lynndie England. One was a hero and angel who went thru hell, Jessica Lynch-while Lynndie England was painted a evil, torturous mountain pixie who followed orders from her ole man and those in charge. They had a interview last year with Lynndie England and she was down on her luck, only finding seasonal employment and not a evil person, just a scapegoat. Jessica Lynch became a success and inspirational person, which she deserved thru her ordeal.

I don't know why but I would like to meet Lynndie England, she intrigues me.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
I wish I could go one day without having religion pushed down my throat... I'm proud of her for being a soldier and a POW and all but I'm so over religion.
I'm willing to bet she won't force you to watch it.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:16 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,500,609 times
The whole story was a lie Jessica Lynch even sais later on.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
The whole story was a lie Jessica Lynch even sais later on.
She didn't get injured?

Old 09-20-2014, 04:18 PM

708 posts, read 1,158,553 times
I'm no Jessica Lynch biographer and I know there were a lot of false portrayals, especially the fake rescue attempt. But from my understanding Iraqi Forces captured her, violated her then took her and the other prisoners to the hospital(broken hip/bones)before leaving when American troops came to Nasiriyah. She was put in a greater light because the Brass and Media love a good hero story/propaganda to give in time of war to rally everybody up.

Same goes for Lynndie England, she was scapegoated in her case and became the face of torture for Abu Grabi scandal. Of course she did look a little too happy in some of those pics..

I'd like to see both of them team up sometime or in a setting together and talk about what happened and the aftermath since.

I hate to be one of the people who sound crazy who don't believe most of what the media puts out to the public. Honestly I've became more cynical and non-trustworthy to most of anything I see, there's always a hidden agenda somewhere.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:08 PM

93,576 posts, read 124,293,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
I'm no Jessica Lynch biographer and I know there were a lot of false portrayals, especially the fake rescue attempt. But from my understanding Iraqi Forces captured her, violated her then took her and the other prisoners to the hospital(broken hip/bones)before leaving when American troops came to Nasiriyah. She was put in a greater light because the Brass and Media love a good hero story/propaganda to give in time of war to rally everybody up.

Same goes for Lynndie England, she was scapegoated in her case and became the face of torture for Abu Grabi scandal. Of course she did look a little too happy in some of those pics..

I'd like to see both of them team up sometime or in a setting together and talk about what happened and the aftermath since.

I hate to be one of the people who sound crazy who don't believe most of what the media puts out to the public. Honestly I've became more cynical and non-trustworthy to most of anything I see, there's always a hidden agenda somewhere.
WVU or Marshall hasn't thought about getting them together for a lecture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia