Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,511,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccolt60 View Post
Not that this some earth shattering store or anything but I saw on Wikipedia page for The Commons that Dollar Tree is coming. Any truth to that? I just like to see that stores are still moving in...still waiting for a new out parcel restaurant though.
Yes, there are permits being filed for Dollar Tree, which will be in the same building as Sleepy's, Sweet Frog, etc. Also, Allstate insurance is opening a new office in the same building as Tropical Smoothie, Jamaican Cafe, etc.

On another note, I would love to see that second outparcel in the front of The Commons get leased.

Question: What restaurant or other establishment would you all like to see on that empty outparcel? I'm interested in seeing what everyone thinks! -mmccul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 PM

80 posts, read 219,565 times
I would personally love to see either a Greene Turtle or a Red Robin...I also think it would be cool to see a small restaurant with outdoor seating in that empty space next to Books-a-Million. Actually any restaurant with some outdoor seating or patio would be nice. I can't seem to find any in the area unless I'm not looking hard enough...haha.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 AM

308 posts, read 799,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
yes, there are permits being filed for dollar tree, which will be in the same building as sleepy's, sweet frog, etc. Also, allstate insurance is opening a new office in the same building as tropical smoothie, jamaican cafe, etc.

On another note, i would love to see that second outparcel in the front of the commons get leased.

question: What restaurant or other establishment would you all like to see on that empty outparcel? i'm interested in seeing what everyone thinks! -mmccul
chili's

Old 03-16-2012, 06:49 AM

144 posts, read 317,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccolt60 View Post
I would personally love to see either a Greene Turtle or a Red Robin...I also think it would be cool to see a small restaurant with outdoor seating in that empty space next to Books-a-Million. Actually any restaurant with some outdoor seating or patio would be nice. I can't seem to find any in the area unless I'm not looking hard enough...haha.
That IMO wouldn't be a good idea when you are 100 yards from a major highway which is where Olive Garden is going.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:25 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Grocery Store! That was the good thing about the Mall. You could go from store to store shopping then go to Walmart to get everything else inc groceries. No gettting back out in traffic trying to find a place to park just for Groceries!

Old 03-19-2012, 10:39 PM

552 posts, read 738,736 times
Was just at the commons, did you all say there was an ice cream place cuz I drove around and didn't see it. I want a TGI Fridays, I don't like most chains but this one is an exception.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:45 AM

27 posts, read 70,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Was just at the commons, did you all say there was an ice cream place cuz I drove around and didn't see it. I want a TGI Fridays, I don't like most chains but this one is an exception.
No ice cream, there is a sweet frog (frozen yogurt) coming soon, but it isn't open yet.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Was in Dollar Tree yesterday YES they are Moving to the Commons in May...store is to be Bigger! & have Frozen Foods & except EBT cards!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 PM

552 posts, read 738,736 times
Not a fan of the dollar tree hopefully they get some other stores in there, the green frog sounds interesting.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:57 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,511,546 times
It appears as though there is interest in the former Sears location at the Martinsburg Mall. A "fine-dining establishment" wants to develop an outparcel where the empty Sears currently is. The article doesn't give the name of the prospective restaurant, however it does subliminally mention the Olive Garden project on "a second outparcel", so this is clearly separate from that.

Martinsburg Mall has prospect interested in the former Sears location - Herald-Mail

Any thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia