Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 02:28 PM

326 posts, read 718,744 times

Advertisements

What happened to the Liberty Lines Express bus from Central Ave. in Yonkers to NYC? The last I heard it was running only on weekdays but not on the weekend due to budget cuts. I looked at the Liberty Line schedule and see a bus running from Getty Square on weekdays and Saturdays, but I don't know if it's an old schedule. I'm looking to get into the city on a weekdays and weekends during this month and would like to take the bus if it is available.
Additionally, is there an express bus from the Bronx to NYC, if the Yonkers run isn't available?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 04:01 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,950,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeena View Post
What happened to the Liberty Lines Express bus from Central Ave. in Yonkers to NYC? The last I heard it was running only on weekdays but not on the weekend due to budget cuts. I looked at the Liberty Line schedule and see a bus running from Getty Square on weekdays and Saturdays, but I don't know if it's an old schedule. I'm looking to get into the city on a weekdays and weekends during this month and would like to take the bus if it is available.
Additionally, is there an express bus from the Bronx to NYC, if the Yonkers run isn't available?
There were 2 one the 4C which was the one reduced however the getty square one known as MTA BXM3 WAS NOT REDUCED AND STILL RUNS 7 DAYS A WEEK!!!! THE 4C IS A WASTE OF MONEY DONT BOTHER WITH IT!!! CENTRAL AVE= BXM 4C FAIL!!!!! the central ave bus is so expensive ur better off with metro-north!!!!! not the case with BXM3 which is $50 weekly and 200 per month the pass for this bus (NOT 4C)lets u use subways and local NYC and beeline bus at no charge

Old 04-18-2011, 01:15 AM

3,921 posts, read 9,127,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeena View Post
The BxM4C has been eliminated on weekends.

If you go over to Yonkers, you can take the BxM3, which costs $5.50 (rather than $7.50), and runs at a somewhat decent frequency (once an hour).

The schedule is here: http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/bxm3cur.pdf

If you are coming from Central Park Avenue (and don't want to/can't drive to that section of Yonkers, you can take the BL-20 or BL-21 to Woodlawn, and then transfer to the BxM4. It runs at the same frequency as the BxM3.

I hope this information was helpful.
http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/busbx.pdf (Bronx bus map)

Old 04-18-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
the bxm4c has been eliminated on weekends.

If you go over to yonkers, you can take the bxm3, which costs $5.50 (rather than $7.50), and runs at a somewhat decent frequency (once an hour).

The schedule is here: http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/bxm3cur.pdf

if you are coming from central park avenue (and don't want to/can't drive to that section of yonkers, you can take the bl-20 or bl-21 to woodlawn, and then transfer to the bxm4. It runs at the same frequency as the bxm3.

I hope this information was helpful.
http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/busbx.pdf (bronx bus map)
bxm4 is slow!!!!! No

Old 04-18-2011, 09:35 PM

It's quicker than having to go all the way to the West Side of Yonkers for the BxM3.

In any case, maybe she doesn't want a fast trip-just a comfortable one.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:00 PM

seriously take the train!!!!! when 4C does run you would be better off with the uniticket as if you commute to NYC then 4C is NO USE TO YOU!!!! 4C only runs at rush hour so there is no way u would only go there a few times westchester DOES NOT NEED NYC EXPRESS BUSES. BXM3 only serves yonkers because that is where its garage is located!!!!! save urself some sanity use the train

Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 PM

She's asking about what happened to the BxM4C. Since it barely runs anymore, she'll either have to take the BxM3 or BxM4 (which are cheaper than Metro-North, especially considering you get to use the Unlimited MetroCard on the subway and local bus) or she'll have to take Metro-North.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
She's asking about what happened to the BxM4C. Since it barely runs anymore, she'll either have to take the BxM3 or BxM4 (which are cheaper than Metro-North, especially considering you get to use the Unlimited MetroCard on the subway and local bus) or she'll have to take Metro-North.
one the BXM4 is SLOWER THAN THE SUBWAY 2 the BXM3 is just plain stupid seriousely metro north wins hands down even the 4 train is better ok done express bus in westchester =EPIC FAIL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County