Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 PM

81 posts, read 245,876 times

Advertisements

For those who have tried out more than one provider recently - any preference? Any tips on getting discounts or freebies? We're about to set up new service. Just for internet and cable - phone we do Vonage. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 06:45 AM

374 posts, read 1,059,021 times
Fios has recently had triple bundle for $80 plus a $500 gift card. That is the best deal I have seen.

Even if you don't use the phone, the bundle is usually cheaper for both cablevision and FIOS. Fios used to offer a double play, not sure if they still do.

If you are in an apartment, consider where you want the FIOS box mounted. It's pretty close to an eye soar in my opinion. In a house, you can just put it in the basement so thats not an issue.

Upload speeds are better with Fios.

The best deal hands down is just cablevision internet for $30/month. There is no taxes and no equiment fees. But its not for everyone.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:15 AM

81 posts, read 245,876 times
How big is this box? I was told our town doesn't have FIOS, but can we still get it with this box? I'm sure she wouldn't put anything outside, but there is a basement. Thanks sdcity!

Old 02-13-2012, 08:35 AM

374 posts, read 1,059,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazcat View Post
How big is this box? I was told our town doesn't have FIOS, but can we still get it with this box? I'm sure she wouldn't put anything outside, but there is a basement. Thanks sdcity!
If your town doesn't have the FIOS infrastructure then you can't get FIOS.

The box looks like this:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...w=1680&bih=904

Its actually two boxes. The smaller box is the battery backup for phone. Here is a clean install of it. http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1804551_f520.jpg

But anyhow, you only have one choice and that is cablevision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County