Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 4,179 times

Advertisements

Hey does anyone know where I have to go in Pelham to sign up for section 8/housing? I would really appreciate the information thanks...

Old 02-11-2012, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 16,966 times
We don't want Section 8 housing in Pelham Manor. I spent millions of dollars to buy a house in this magnificent village and send my children to great schools. Affluent, educated, successful people do not want live live near the type of people that Section 8 brings.

This class of people will destroy our beautiful community, devastate our property values and degrade our school system.

If you wish to live in a prestigious area such as Pelham Manor, you should have to be able to afford a home here, not be a parasite on the tax payers backs.

If The class of people associated with Section 8 is allowed to infiltrate Pelham Manor, I can assure you that property values will devastatingly plummet, leading to the mass exodus of the affluent homeowner.

The neighborhood, homes, businesses, school system etc. will quickly decay turning one of the most prestigious and beautiful areas in Westchester into a ghetto.

Fight tooth and nail to prevent Section 8 and it's people from entering our village.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:07 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,459,691 times
Psst...the post is from 2007. Methinks she's already found a place by now.

But might I question why you chose Pelham if you are clearly so xenophobic? Hey, nobody really wants Section 8 in their town truth be told, but even if it were banned, you'd still live right on top of the Bronx, Mt. Vernon and New Rochelle. You might prefer a place like Pound Ridge.

Last edited by jjinla; 02-11-2012 at 06:22 PM..

Old 02-11-2012, 08:12 PM

866 posts, read 2,485,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concerned taxpayer View Post
We don't want Section 8 housing in Pelham Manor. I spent millions of dollars to buy a house in this magnificent village and send my children to great schools. Affluent, educated, successful people do not want live live near the type of people that Section 8 brings.

This class of people will destroy our beautiful community, devastate our property values and degrade our school system.

If you wish to live in a prestigious area such as Pelham Manor, you should have to be able to afford a home here, not be a parasite on the tax payers backs.

If The class of people associated with Section 8 is allowed to infiltrate Pelham Manor, I can assure you that property values will devastatingly plummet, leading to the mass exodus of the affluent homeowner.

The neighborhood, homes, businesses, school system etc. will quickly decay turning one of the most prestigious and beautiful areas in Westchester into a ghetto.

Fight tooth and nail to prevent Section 8 and it's people from entering our village.
If you are so educated you should be able to use apostrophes correctly...

Old 02-13-2012, 07:03 AM

374 posts, read 1,059,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart View Post
If you are so educated you should be able to use apostrophes correctly...
I think the emphasis is on "affluent." You don't need good grammar skills to inherit someone else's money.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:16 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,968 times
Concerned Taxpayer is 100% correct! Section 8 people should be banned from living in quiet, desirable and affluent neighborhoods. The point of buying a house in such a place is to escape all the ghetto madness you have to deal with living among ghetto section 8 people who have a disregard for other people's rights and desirable for a higher standard of living.

Remember this saying: YOU CAN ALWAYS TAKE A PERSON OUT THE "HOOD" BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE THE "HOOD" OUT THE PERSON!

Allowing ghetto people to move into such nice communities will destroy the dynamics and quality of life in the community.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
Psst...the post is from 2007. Methinks she's already found a place by now.
This is why I think C-D should lock topics after they go some period with no more responses (6 months?). It just leads to "bumps" by idiots with too much time on their hands.......

I want to note that while some of the concerns are valid, not all Section 8 people are "drugged up welfare cheats from the ghetto". In the economy of the last 2 years, there are lots of hard-working people down on their luck through no fault of their own who need it. And especially in this part of the country, you can work 60-80 hours per week and still not afford basic housing, particularly if you have a family.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM

2,466 posts, read 2,764,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Concerned Taxpayer is 100% correct! Section 8 people should be banned from living in quiet, desirable and affluent neighborhoods. The point of buying a house in such a place is to escape all the ghetto madness you have to deal with living among ghetto section 8 people who have a disregard for other people's rights and desirable for a higher standard of living.

Remember this saying: YOU CAN ALWAYS TAKE A PERSON OUT THE "HOOD" BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE THE "HOOD" OUT THE PERSON!

Allowing ghetto people to move into such nice communities will destroy the dynamics and quality of life in the community.
Yes, because EVERY ONE on Section 8 is a degenerate low life.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
This is why I think C-D should lock topics after they go some period with no more responses (6 months?). It just leads to "bumps" by idiots with too much time on their hands.......

I want to note that while some of the concerns are valid, not all Section 8 people are "drugged up welfare cheats from the ghetto". In the economy of the last 2 years, there are lots of hard-working people down on their luck through no fault of their own who need it. And especially in this part of the country, you can work 60-80 hours per week and still not afford basic housing, particularly if you have a family.

I agree they are not all druggies or using the system, etc. But that doesn't mean they should get to live in a nice area at a discount or free, while another financially, ethically, and hard working person has to bust their tails to get into this nice neighborhood.

You want section 8, go for it, there are plenty of crappy areas about 45 minute train ride from Manhattan and the surrounding nice areas. That might give them incentive to get out and not mooch on the system forever.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 PM

287 posts, read 593,803 times
interesting to see so many complain about section 8 housing when it was YOU Liberal Democrats who put them into practice. Libs make up the bulk of this area. You reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County