Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:34 PM

20 posts, read 68,814 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have a 10 month old son and we are relocating to the NY/CT area.
my wife will be working in Somers, NY so she will be commuting every day (est. am drive about 7:30-8:30 AM) ...i am a chiropractic and looking to practice in the area) ...we are looking at the town of Brookfield CT as well as Somers, NY........we would love comments and opinions on the town and surrounding areas as well as kid/family activities as well as adult activities ...we are looking at living in somers, ny (older home close to work) or bookfield,ct (newer home but more of a drive) ....please help with your opinions.... thanks, john & patricia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 11:40 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,170,617 times
Somers is a lovely town with lots of activities for families and adults in the surrounding areas. Katonah and Mt. Kisco are about 5 minutes away and have loads of cultural and children's activities. Yorktown, Croton, and Peekskill are all a short drive and have lots of activities for parents and for kids. I can't speak to Brookfield since i don't know it.

Check out the blog northernwestchesterhome on blogspot.com for listing ofs local events and links to area attractions.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:08 PM

3 posts, read 9,047 times
Ive lived in Brookfield and worked at Pepsi in Somer's. Brookfield is a great place to live and raise a family but GREATLY lack's diversity. Somer's offers greater diversity, there is more to do and it's about 30min from Westchester NY. I'd go with Somers

Old 12-14-2007, 06:47 PM

3 posts, read 14,073 times
Hi John and Patricia,

Since your wife will be working in Somers, and it sounds like you can set up practice where ever, maybe you'd want to think about Somers. That trip to Brookfield every day especially in winter can be tough! Somers has a good tax rate as compared to many other Westchester towns. We don't have a town pool, but there is lots to do for families with children in Somers. There are clubs like the Lions Club, and Newcomers club to help you get involved in the community, meet your neighbors,or point you in the direction of your preferred activities. There are tennis courts, and hiking trails, movies and concerts in the summer, and the best 4th of July fireworks! Have you taken a trip to see the library, schools, Reis Park, and the Town Center? I found Somers to be a very good place to raise a family. If you decide on Somers, I think you will to! Good Luck.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:27 PM

6 posts, read 30,887 times
We live in Cortlandt Manor, between Mohegan Lake and Yorktown Heights. It's about a 10 min drive to Somers. Love the activities for the kids and very family friendly with lots of involvement. Consider those neighboring towns, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County