Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 AM

15 posts, read 69,728 times

Advertisements

I understand there is a 2 hr limit to street parking, 1hr for lots and absolutely no street parking between the hours of 2 and 6am.

How do car bearing multifamily dwellers handle things?

Are there any free overnight parking options?
How much does parking typically run in a garage?

My future job is shift based and the hours are pretty sporatic (overnights, early morning, day, evening etc) and i need a car to get to work - whats my best option, getting a 24 hr parking garage? how mcuh does that typically run?

thanks in advance for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 AM

218 posts, read 605,884 times
Buying a permit in a municipal lot close to your home is going to be your best bet. Some lots have waiting lists and prices vary. Go to City of White Plains and use the links on the right for more info. Good luck.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 AM

114 posts, read 571,783 times
I hated the parking situation when I lived in White Plains. Fortunately my apartment building had a decent amount of parking, which I paid about $150/mo for (around that range, I forget exactly).

For parking garages, I parked my second vehicle in three different garages - I kept moving to find better deals. It ranged between $100 to $130 a month, depending on location and how often you pay (monthly or quarterly).

But the key is to finding something close to you. It would suck if you find a great deal on a garage, but it's miles from your home. Kinda defeats the purpose.

The last place I used was the Walmart Parking garage. They had some spaces available for private parking. I last used them about three years ago and it was $100/mo if I paid quarterly; $125/mo if monthly, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County