Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 04:22 PM

22 posts, read 25,204 times

Advertisements

My agent told me that property tax in Ossining is very high, since it hat underwent a reassessment. Can anyone tell me how high they are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 04:18 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
4.35% of the sale value.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:37 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
The property tax rates are located here https://www.townofossining.com/cms/t...ates-2018/file. You should be able to calculate the potential tax obligation but remember this table does not reflect school tax's.

I found the school tax rate it's located here https://www.townofossining.com/cms/s...tax-rates/file

Old 06-25-2018, 08:56 AM

973 posts, read 1,411,443 times
Reassessments don't affect whether or not property taxes are "high". I am sure your agent believes them to be high, and there may have been a recent reassessment, but that later does not cause the former. All a reassessment does is adjust the assessed value of each property to ensure that each property is paying their fair share of the total tax. It doesn't increase taxes overall, nor does it make taxes "high" or "low".

No one can tell you how "high" a tax is. To figure out what the property tax will be on a certain property, you will need to find out its assessed value, and then multiply it by the multiplier provided in the links above, making sure to know whether the property is in a village or not. Then you will need to do the same for the school taxes, and village taxes (if applicable). This will get you a raw dollar amount. Whether or not this is "high" is a matter of opinion. To get a general idea, you can find houses with the same MARKET value in nearby Towns and run the numbers for these properties to get an idea of how the taxes compare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County