Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2007, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,196 times

Advertisements

Hi group.

I am desperate. I just sold my Co-op in Mount Kisco and am moving to San Diego, Ca. I bought the Parrot in Florida 28 years ago and I took him on board with me in an Airlines Approved carry case back then. I want to fly non-stop as it would be less time for the bird to be in the case. I am willing to go from JFK or Newark Airports, but can't find any Airline that would allow a Parrot in the Passenger compartment. There is no way I would send him in the luggage compartment since the temperature would probably kill hijm. I called American, Delta and Continental and for some reason they will accept Parakeets but not an Amazon Parrot that weighs 12 oz. Can anyone offer me some advise as I will certainly never leave my companion of 28 years behind. If I hadn't had a spinal fusion 2 months ago, I might even drive but that is out of the question.
I would appreciate any help you could give me since I have to move in Mid June.
Stan Pickus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 AM

38 posts, read 203,805 times
I hope you find a way to make the move. I have big parrotts here with my family. But there has to be a way to move your feather friend. How do people sell large birds, try a pet mover.
good luck
dee

Old 05-13-2007, 11:30 AM

16 posts, read 161,367 times
Why not try Uship? (www.uship.com) How it works is, you place a bid online for shipping your parrot and people interested in transporting your parrot by road place bids on the shipment. You can talk about the details with every one of them and accept the most reasonable bid.

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: