Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,246 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with Bryant Gardens, The Claridge at 101 Old Mamaroneck Rd, The Gaylord at 2 Overlook Rd. or The Bristol House at 10 Nosband Ave? I'm a renter who's growing tired of my money disappearing every month with nothing to show for it. I can't afford a single family home or most condos right now, so I'm considering a two bedroom, two bathroom coop. I would rather not spend more than $300,000. We don't have kids, but plan to in the next couple of years or so. There seem to be an abundance of affordable properties in this area, particularly Old Mamaroneck Rd. and Bryant Crescent. Is it the market or is it something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 11:39 AM

218 posts, read 605,884 times
tfinnegan -

The parking situation at Bryant Gardens is the best that you're going to find in WP. The units (particularly the kitchens) may be a little smaller than in some of the buildings that you mentioned. There are so many identical units that sellers generally have little leverage (which will be good when your buying, but might hurt when you're looking to move on). Bryant Gardens also differs from the other coops you mentioned in that it's garden apts rather than a building...this means you won't have a doorman, but you will have a bit more privacy.

The 2 bedroom unit I've seen in the Claridge is surprisingly large, with a nice sitting area when you first walk in and then a seperate tv room. Much bigger than I expected for an apt building. I think you only get one parking spot in the building after about a 1 yr waiting list. The back entrance to the Shapham Place municipal lot is close, but the walk includes a hill. Half of the units in the building also overlook a cement court yard, so take that for what is worth.

I've only been in a 1 bedroom unit in the Gaylord, but it's the Claridge's sister building so I assume the 2 bedrooms are as described above. It's closer to the Shapham Place lot and I like it's location better than the Claridge's (i.e. off of Old Mamaroneck road on a less busy street).

No first hand experience with The Bristol House.

Good luck.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:01 PM

375 posts, read 1,576,581 times
I used to live at 90 Bryant. I like that area very much and the coops there are very affordable. The school district is so-so, but still very good overall value. You shouldn't have to worry about maintaining value on your purchase. If will move with the rest of the area. There's no reason to think otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County