Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 02:50 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,945,336 times

Advertisements

I thought I'd share a place that my wife and I enjoy. It's a nice place to go for Blue Grass (Saturday nights), Country (Friday Nights) and sometimes something else. It's in Fletcher on Hendersonville Road.

The guy who has a lease on the place is doing something nice for the community. He's providing a forum for local talent and bands to perform and is charging nothing . . . zip - zero . . . to get in. Just show up and have a seat. Everybody is welcome.

The thing I like about it is that it's alcohol free. It's a nice envornoment for folks to hear some blue grass and feel free to bring their children along. In fact, it's getting so popular that sometimes the crowds spill out into the parking lot.

It's held in a 100 year old building in downtown Fletcher. It's been a Merchantile or a Feed and Seed store over the years. Now, church services are held on Sundays and it's made available for the music events on Fridays and Saturdays. Occasionally, it's open on other ngihts for other community uses as demand or opportunity allow.

I've heard it referred to a the Little Ryland Theater (as in Nashville). Apparently, word has gotten out and sometimes some Nashville artists will play there as they pass through. It all depends on the night. Perhaps you might be lucky and find someone there who played the Grand Old Opre the day earlier.

Oh yes, one last thing. I think they do sell popcorn, Moon Pies and RC cola. It's a dollar for each, so for two bucks you can have a bag and a drink in a historic building while the music plays. Otherwise, you can pay nothing and just enjoy the entertainment. Either way, it's a lot less expensive than the movie theater.

If you'd like to give Bluegrass a try, or hear some good Country music for FREE, here's a link to the place:

Feed & Seed - Bluegrass, Old time gospel, non-alcoholic family friendly concert venue and church in Fletcher, North Carolina. , NC.

He was also interviewed on the radio about the venue. The part about the venue starts at 4:30 into the recording. Here's a link to it:

LocalGrass Radio

Last edited by garth; 02-19-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 03:08 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,866 times
Sounds like fun!

Old 02-19-2011, 03:18 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,881,361 times
yep, sounds like a nice place.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:21 PM

I found a video on YouTube showing one group that played there. Everything isn't kid-related like this video shows, but it's something you might find there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Mefal-DvQ

Old 02-19-2011, 03:27 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,549,944 times
Isn't it awesome! but shucks, now we've let the world in our little piece of toe-tappin' fun. There's another place out in Mills River ..... but wild hogs could not drag the name outta' me.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:33 PM

Ah come-on Quilter, tell me about it. Just whisper it . . . I promise no one else will hear.

I'll check back later for the info. I gotta' get ready to go. The show starts in less than an hour.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 PM

I took some pictures tonight. I'm sorry they're not better. They're from my cell phone.

BTW, I meant to say the Ryman, not Ryland, theater or auditorium in the first post - just a "stupid" moment.

Anyway, the place was packed tonight and the music was great. The band was called Generation Gap with members from Sylva, Sandy Mush and other places in Rutheford County. They were a very entertaining group of musicians.

On top of that, there were some cloggers in the audience and they got up to dance with some of the fast music. They did great!!!! Otherwise, lots of people danced to all the songs, except the gospel music.

Here are a few of the pics from tonight's band at the Feed and Seed in Fletcher:

http://www.rvhighway.com/feedseed2.jpg (broken link)

http://www.rvhighway.com/feedseed1.jpg (broken link)

http://www.rvhighway.com/feedseed3.jpg (broken link)

http://www.rvhighway.com/feedseed4.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by garth; 02-19-2011 at 08:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina