Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 10:53 AM

1,174 posts, read 6,945,845 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a source in or around the A'ville H'ville area for prefabricated granite slab countertops? I've used them in the past and have been pleased with the outcome.

If you haven't heard of them before, they're slab garnite countertops. The difference between them and the usual slab sources is that they're already sized, edged and finished. The depths are all standard and they come in preset lengths. They may need to be cut to fit the counter length, and the sink or cooktop holes need to be cut, but that's something that I can do.

The other advantage to them is that they are significantly cheaper than going the standard slab route. There is a biiiiiiiig savings. That's why I'm trying to find them around here.

I do know about the source off of Ariport Road in Arden for slab granite. They have a few labs in the $25 - $35/sq fot range, but they are still slabs that have to be worked, cut and edged. That price is still more expensive than the prefabricated granite slabs.

I haven't been successful in finding a source, so if anyone has a location, please post it (if allowed on the forum) or drop me a DM.

BTW, I won't be doing granite tiles, so they're out. I want to stay away from them. There's way too many grout lines that I absolutely do not want to deal with.

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 03:04 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,945,845 times
I guess this confirms what I've discovered. It ain't here . . . Darn It!

Old 03-06-2011, 09:31 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,473,588 times
You could try Charlotte or greenville though. Neither is too far away. good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina