Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:22 AM

440 posts, read 1,092,887 times

Advertisements

We should be getting the offers for our flooded properties this week. IF they come in good it will be a surprise. We are pretty sure we are going to have to have our Atty. fight it. But.......... GOD is in CONTROL We have been back & forth to W. NC for 4 yrs. & researching seriously for 2. It will be a relief to not have to live with the constant threat of flooding of our home. We have been in limbo for almost 7 yrs. now. I am sure it will be bitter sweet........ we do love our house & location. Originally we had planned to keep our Fl. home & have a 2nd home in NC. They will be demoing our house & and 2 others with the buy out. Sad that the house will be tore down. But....I am excited to know what comes next! We should be up for another NC visit here in a month or 2 to check out a few areas. Originally we wanted to be somewhere around Waynesville, Sylva... outside of Asheville. Then we were strongly considering around the Boone & surrounding areas. I believe we will go to both of those and see some properties & seriously look at what the locations have to offer & work best for all of us. It will be me, my son (16) & husband.............. & 2 puppy kids. Please keep us in prayer over a good resolution to this long drawn out ordeal. Thanks! Donna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 01:07 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Wishing you the best in your sale and search Donna!

Old 04-10-2011, 04:10 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,341 times
Yes! good luck. Very exciting. I have wondered what you were up to.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,881,361 times
keeping paws and fingers crossed here in Delaware

Old 04-16-2011, 02:14 PM

thanks everyone & for continued prayers. Offers were supposed to be here yesterday.............but now end of the month. Government.........go, figure. *wink*

Old 04-18-2011, 10:02 AM

63 posts, read 152,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
keeping paws and fingers crossed here in Delaware
You are still in Delaware?

Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,881,361 times
haha, yes I am ! we had several plans and even though it was like a higher power was working against us (well, maybe we are just complicated ) ... we are moving in about 8 weeks (wow, shocked now ... better get some work done tonight )

delaware is just a sticky place and hard to escape

Old 05-04-2011, 05:20 PM

no.. this is not a repeat.... offers were supposed to be here last Friday and on Monday we found out... the "END" of May.............grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Old 05-08-2011, 05:33 AM

...we are soooo itching to get up there to "seriously" look. I also need to interview a few RE Comps. while there and would like to also check out the high schools in the areas that make the cut. Hubby is strongly leaning towards the Boone area & I am leaning more towards the Waynesville or outside of Asheville.......... I do really like around Boone too. I know Boone has the brand new Watauga High. My son has it in his head he will come back to Embry Riddle in Daytona Beach, Fl. for college once he graduates. I am so praying we will have this all sorted out and be getting settled into our new home prior to my son starting back to school in the Fall. This will be a HUGE change & adjustment from what we are used to here. I have been in Fl. my whole life. Hubby, originally from Ohio, has lived in quite a few states. We will also be closer to his grown children & grandchildren in Ohio & SC. One of his sons will still be in Fl. My family will also be in Fl. So it is a good 1/2 way for us with all of our Fam. & Friends. Praying no more delays on the offers & we can all move forward. As it is they are putting us right in the middle of Hurricane Season & the hottest months for our move. BLEH! ...................... Donna (ps....studying for my NC RE exam now...will have to redo my RE Education when I get there also)

Old 05-08-2011, 02:55 PM

729 posts, read 1,506,124 times
Do you have to go through the real estate training from scratch or does NC have broker repricosity with your state? I would hate going through the classes and school now. It was so much easier when I got my license. I think it's great how our state is requiring so much more education and supervision to become a Broker but it's got to be exhausting to do so!

Hope you have a safe and easy move! I've done that too many times as well. I don't envy you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina