Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 AM

110 posts, read 229,643 times

Advertisements

Frank's is on our list for the next visit, but our most recent visit was yesterday. Most of the places that were anywhere close to where we were are closed on Sunday, so we had to improvise. The Harris Teeter on Hendersonville Road has some BH products (enough to tide us over until our next Asheville trip).

Thanks all for all the info here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 11:55 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,611,482 times
Good gosh, I see that Asheville loves Boar's Head as much as the Upstate.

It's too bad that Publix is not available - they have a wide variety of BH's products - I love the cajun turkey!

Publix is slowly encroaching on western NC. It's established in Chattanooga, Upstate SC, NE Atlanta suburbs (Gainesville), and, soon to be south of Charlotte (Fort Mill, SC). As I've stated, Publix would dominate the Asheville grocery scene if it chose to establish.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:37 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,413,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Publix is slowly encroaching on western NC. It's established in Chattanooga, Upstate SC, NE Atlanta suburbs (Gainesville), and, soon to be south of Charlotte (Fort Mill, SC). As I've stated, Publix would dominate the Asheville grocery scene if it chose to establish.
Publix would beat Ingles, but would it beat the organic stores in WNC? Around Asheville, organic is popular.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,849,665 times
^ Yes, I believe it surely would, because organic is expensive. Very few people can afford to literally shop for their groceries at the Greenlife or Earth Fare. Most regular working people do buy their groceries from Ingles. And Ingles has deep roots here, it would be difficult to force them out like that.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:38 AM

70 posts, read 219,590 times
Franks Deli is fabulous! We even had them cater a lunch for 14 people and they bent over backwards to do the most beautiful platters and it was all delicious. BUT, it's not for family dining. There is no where to sit except outside in good weather. He will help you with anything sliced by the pound. Take out the sandwiches. If he has his spectacular meatball sub on special that day, get one for two people.
Not far from the Biltmore heading downtown on a back street near the Orange Peel is a great new place called STORM. You can google it. Fresh, varied fun menu and good prices. You might want to try that also.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:49 AM

1,379 posts, read 3,922,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypitt View Post
I realize this is a bit of a trivial question, but can anyone tell me what stores/delis in Asheville sell Boar's Head cold cuts?

I live in Johnson City but visit Asheville every so often. Boar's Head isn't available in JC, so I try to stock up when I'm there. The one place I've found that sells the product doesn't carry all the varieties I like, so I wanted to see if anyone else was familiar with places.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Viva Deli on Haywood Rd. in West Asheville (across from the Sunny Point Cafe)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina