Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 PM

242 posts, read 594,194 times

Advertisements

I was hoping that someone from the Asheville or Hendersonville area would be able to recommend a good private or Christian school that goes to 8th or 12th grade or a charter school that may still have an open (or short) waiting list.

I live in the Raleigh area...my aunt lives in Western NC, and I plan to fund her son's education. He is an average learner who has had below-average grades that can be attributed to a difficult life at home. He is a great kid who needs a second chance and I want to make sure he gets the superior education that he deserves and does not get lost at his current public school because he does require extra assistance, especially with reading and math.

Any recommendations of schools with good stats and caring teachers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 05:21 PM

221 posts, read 461,843 times
I don't know Hendersonville well, but I know that you'll have trouble trying to get into Asheville charter schools at this point. They are very popular, and tend to have long waiting lists. As for private schools in the area, you should look into:

Carolina Day School Carolina Day School
The Learning Community The Learning Community School - Asheville's innovative, private school for grades K-8
Rainbow Mountain Children's School Asheville Private School - Preschool Through Middle - Rainbow Mountain
The Odyssey Odyssey Community - Asheville's Private Integral School
Asheville Christian Academy Asheville Christian Academy » Home

I don't have personal experience with any of them, but have had all of them recommended to me by at least one person. They are very different in terms of philosophy, curriculum, and price, so you'll need to figure out what best meets your needs.

I hope that's helpful. Good luck!

Old 07-31-2011, 06:12 PM

242 posts, read 594,194 times
Thank you very much for the information. I'll look into those schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina