Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 07:44 AM

1,092 posts, read 720,602 times

Advertisements

So I know it's not August yet. But has anyone ever been to the Waldensian Festival in Valdese, NC? Valdese is between Morganton and Hickory. It's a small town, and the only big restaurant there is McD's, lol. It's a gorgeous little town that I love. In August they have what is called a Waldensian Festival. It has all sorts of vendors, foods, crafts, etc. It is an awesome thing to go to. Lots of music, wine tasting (and beer garden I believe), helicopter rides (I think they're still doing that), and games. It's soo fun. So anyone who hasnt ever been, the festival is August 9th and 10th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,298,657 times
Those are also the last two days of the play that runs from mid-July. "From This Day Forward" tells the story of the Waldensian people when they were a persecuted group in Europe, why they moved to Valdese, and how they survived their early years there.

In fact, if you want to BE in the play, the cast has not yet been chosen. Old Colony Players :: Valdese, North Carolina

Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 AM

Yup, you're exactly right! I would not want to be in the play though, I would get stage fright. lol

Old 04-22-2013, 02:04 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,529,895 times
I have Waldensian ancestry, and my paternal great grandfather was the first to leave a small Northern Italian town that documents my ancestors to the 1600's. I cannot make this festival, but am interested to know more. I am looking up the website right now (found it)....

Old 04-22-2013, 03:30 PM

It is a great festival. You would have a lot of fun. It's got every type of vendor there imaginable. Food, music, craft vendors, stuff for the kids, classic cars... Did I mention food? Like funnel cakes, chocolate covered cheesecake slices, fresh made chicken strips, onion rings, fries, italian sausage, etc. Om nom nom.

Really unique craft vendors, paintings, store vendors, etc. I really am looking forward to seeing if they have the Mason Jar wine glasses. I meant to get some last year but forgot to.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:55 AM

2 posts, read 3,657 times
This year the Waldensian Festival will be held on August 7 & 8 and will feature the following:
Amusement Rides, Over 170 Food/Art/Craft Vendors, Footrace, Bocce Tournament, Art Competition, Live Music all day, Attraction Tours, Traditional Waldensian Meal & Church Service, Outdoor Drama "From This Day Forward", Tractor Rides & SOOOOO Much More! Go to townofvaldese.com for full entertainment lineup & details...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina