Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 06:58 PM

310 posts, read 1,700,658 times

Advertisements

About 3 years ago, in spring 2010, I spent one day visiting Biltmore Estate & the Asheville area. Was very enjoyable & especially liked the place we had lunch. Might be going there again soon (a day trip from Charlotte NC) & trying to remember the name & location of that restaurant, wish I had written it down somewhere, cannot recall it! (Unfortunately, can't ask the two people I was with at the time, we're no longer in touch since they moved out of state.)

As I recall, the restaurant was not far from Biltmore estate & it was attached to OR next to a big vineyard where they produced local wines. There might have been an indoor area w/ wine tastings. There was definitely a beautiful outdoor seating area for lunch/dinner, it had trellises w/ vines draped across them. We sat out there, it was a nice atmosphere & food was very good also, plus didn't seem overly pricey. This was a Saturday in late May or early June & the place was packed (I remember long lines of cars parked in a dirt parking lot?)

I'm thinking of taking a day trip w/ someone to this area soon & can't find the name/location of this restaurant, would really like to go there again! Already checked on the Yelp website for restaurant reviews, any other suggestions? Hope someone here can help me out! Thanks.

Last edited by newbie09; 08-30-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 07:16 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,533,143 times
Here is a listing of all the restaurants on the Biltmore Estate. Maybe this will help jog your memory.

Since you said it was connected to a winery, I thought maybe it might be on the estate, rather than near it.

Here is a list of vineyards and wineries in the Asheville area. Maybe it's one of them.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 PM

10 posts, read 34,596 times
I think you are describing the Arbor Grill, a casual outdoor dining area just adjacent to the Winery and Bistro restaurant. It was only open during nice weather and was located next to the arbors with grape vines leading to the winery entrance. That whole area has changed in the last couple years and the Arbor Grill no longer exists. There is a new restaurant called Cedric's Tavern located near there in the newly built Antler Hill Village with plenty of outdoor seating and often live music on the village green. Definitely worth a visit!

Old 08-31-2013, 05:25 PM

310 posts, read 1,700,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetz23 View Post
I think you are describing the Arbor Grill, a casual outdoor dining area just adjacent to the Winery and Bistro restaurant. It was only open during nice weather and was located next to the arbors with grape vines leading to the winery entrance. That whole area has changed in the last couple years and the Arbor Grill no longer exists. There is a new restaurant called Cedric's Tavern located near there in the newly built Antler Hill Village with plenty of outdoor seating and often live music on the village green. Definitely worth a visit!
Thanks for the responses. Yes, I believe you're correct, that the restaurant was the Arbor Grill. Today I called the Bistro restaurant & spoke to someone who told me the same thing-- that they had made changes the past few years & it is no longer there. Too bad, was such a great atmosphere for outdoor eating on a nice sunny day!

Oh well, at least the mystery is now solved, I was starting to think I had made up that place, that it existed only in my imagination!

For my next time visiting Biltmore or Asheville, will have to try some of the other restaurants nearby & make some new memories, will keep looking for suggestions on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina