Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 PM

153 posts, read 526,134 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am looking for a site covering western NC that shows listings on a map of area.

I found a few using google that were very very clunky, to being unusable.

any suggestions.

also, i am looking for nice small older rustic cabin in mountains with acreage, a river would be a huge plus.

rustic, not fancy.

any suggestions of where to look. cooler summers ideal. vacation house, no need for jobs, etc.

many many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 09:23 PM

33 posts, read 89,032 times
Price range?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:36 PM

well, mostly i am looking for a mls website, but 200- 400K for cabin.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:58 AM

93 posts, read 371,003 times
also, i am looking for nice small older rustic cabin in mountains with acreage, a river would be a huge plus. rustic, not fancy.

any suggestions of where to look. cooler summers ideal. vacation house, no need for jobs, etc.

With your price range and being in Nashville you should be able to find quite a bit in Murphy, NC or the surrounding towns. It's the most western town and near the TN border. I've used realtor.com but I believe you need to know the town you're interested in, not sure. It usually has a map attached to each listing. Not sure if this helps so good luck and happy hunting.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:00 AM

82 posts, read 394,455 times
I like using kellerwilliamsasheville.com there are a lot of great ways to search for properties on this site. I searched for a long time until I found this site, now I just use this one.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:22 AM

648 posts, read 2,980,553 times
This is not an ad. I don't work for them, don't recommend them, I used another realtor for my last home purchase. Just a nice tool for folks looking in the area.

Asheville Real Estate: Asheville North Carolina MLS Property Search | Search the MLS Listings in Western NC for Luxury Homes (http://www.trustkb.com/idx/mapSearch.php - broken link)

Old 03-27-2009, 12:42 PM

127 posts, read 476,248 times
My favorite is Beverly Hanks.

Beverly-Hanks & Associates REALTORS®

Old 03-27-2009, 09:52 PM

thanks fmors, that is exaclty what i am looking for.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 AM

55 posts, read 167,792 times
Currently the WNC MLS is changing over their centralized showing appointment service, which needs to be completed by April 1st. When you search on Realtors' websites this week, you may not get updated listings. I know that the B-Hanks site is only showing their own listings at the moment. So check back with various Realtors' sites (because ALL listings have to be on each Realtor's site). Here are the websites for the Asheville and the Hendersonville Boards of Realtors which may help you find a list of various other sites that may be more updated. WNC is a vast area, and you will need to zero in on a town or be inundated with information. Also try: www.ncliving.com

Asheville Board of REALTORS®

Hendersonville Board of REALTORS - Hendersonville, NC

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina