Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 06:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,452 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking to relocate to the Carolinas. After my initial research, I like the Hendersonville, NC area. I am a New York State certified high school business teacher with an extension certification as a diversified work experience coordinator. I worked over 20 years in the business world before getting my certification and master's degree. The district I currently work for is in financial trouble due to declining enrollment. I feel that it is a good time to move. My children are grown and on there own and I have always wanted to be in a warmer climate. I am open to suggestion, am also open to teaching or returning to the business world again. Some things that I would like to have in an area is access to hiking and walking trails, a YMCA or facility with a indoor pool that I am able to swim all year. I also need more info on teaching in NC. I know that my certification would reciprocate in NC, but not sure of job availablity. I have found little on the Internet and not sure how your state application process would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,561 times
Default Bring Your Heart Home To The Carolinas!

Start here:

Start looking at the area Chamber of Commerce sites.

http://www.uschamber.com/chambers/di...ault.htm?st=nc

http://www.uschamber.com/chambers/di...ault.htm?st=sc

Also, see attached maps for your convenience. Think about this... Charlotte's economic framework is comprised of more service and financil industries. Please consider where you might be happiest and consider the near SC areas of South Charlotte too.

Best of Luck to you!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CensusNCMap.pdf (176.8 KB, 459 views)
File Type: pdf CensusSCmap.pdf (134.3 KB, 303 views)

Old 03-23-2008, 08:04 AM

5 posts, read 13,010 times
Default Relocating to NC

We're another retired couple looking for an affordable nc home! He wants a winery to work at and I want a pool and the art scene. Any suggestions?
pattyann

Old 03-29-2008, 08:46 AM

6 posts, read 33,285 times
We live in Cullowhee,Nc , west of Hendersonville, in the Smoky Mts Originally from Philly Small town with lots of friendly people...Close to Atlanta and Charlotte(2-3hrs) FRED

Last edited by mm34b; 03-29-2008 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Edited to comply with CD's Terms of Service

Old 04-02-2008, 06:48 PM

203 posts, read 371,656 times
Please read my posts on Hendersonville, NC. (Western NC forums). We have an excellent YMCA here in the city. We have Hiking/biking clubs. Excellent schools..
The Henderson County , NC Chamber of Commerce , and the Travel & Tourism in Hendersonville, NC on the web should be very helpful to you with your questions.
For the other Family asking about wineries- please check out the very popular Biltmore House & Gardens (winery) in Asheville, NC (Buncombe County) on the web.

Wish you well....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina