Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:58 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,273,450 times

Advertisements

No, not 'anyone'. Just you. Anyone who's been paying attention to the KS threads knows there are a few select screen names who pop up on here that seem to love to spread the same garbage around. Find a new hobby, dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 PM

439 posts, read 1,222,268 times
The original post was so appallingly written that I couldn't read all the way through it - which is a shame since I have close family moving to Wichita soon and I'm looking to see what kinds of opinions people have of it. Just for my own interest...my family is doing their own research.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:58 PM

37 posts, read 35,915 times
Again we see dr. Jones that there is nothing you can poses that I cannot take away.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,273,450 times
o_O

Old 12-11-2009, 10:19 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,782,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holygrail View Post
Like the two cops shot in a domestic call, and the woman killed and no one called for 3 hours and took photos laughing about it? And the meth problem in parts of Wichita? I think you are trying to convince yourself more than us. For those reading this, I am not saying that Wichita is horrible, but fact, it does have crime and a meth problem, it is flat and not much to do. There is a sporting clays shooting but I have looked and no place to shoot rifle or handguns except one inside club in Wichita. Stand on an ant hill and see four more miles. Wichita is not a place to move for any reason but work. And yes the above poster is not unbiased, he lives there and is trying to promote his situation, it could be misery loves company. I would recomend anyone wanting to come here, rent for a year to see what you think before buying. Specials from 10 to 40k hidden on home prices, high property taxes, government that hands out tickets like candy to support itself, gang problems in parts of the city, and nothing to do on a saturday night are some of the defects of this area. Unless you are coming here for a job or family my advice is don't there are many better places that you will love much more.
The above poster is known for calling anyone who does not jump on the "I love Wichita" band wagon as a troll, and the if you cant refute you boot polocy. LOL.
You can be realistic about Wichita without "I (love or hate) Wichita". There is not perfect city. But Wichita offers a lot both positive and negative. One the positive are good public schools which save you much money that you do not have to shell out for private schools that you would in many larger cities. Wichita also has a low cost of living, dirt cheap housing, commutes that are short and pleasant and a low crime rate. You have to like those things.
On the other hand, the weather there sucks almost year around, the economy is subjected to extreme cycles because most of it is airplane factories, the city has little nightlife and if you want "culture" a drive to Kansas City will be required.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:31 AM

22 posts, read 70,386 times
Holy F'ing Grail - You sure must be an unlucky soul! I'm sorta thinking you may not be happy anywhere you live? Pray tell me what mecca you've found yourself residing in. I've lived all over, including overseas; I've lived there single, married, semi-retired and I have 53 yrs of life experience. I'd be more than happy to tell you all the negatives in your current mecca. Care to share???

Old 05-20-2010, 02:48 PM

4 posts, read 5,074 times
You had a bad experience with one builder in Wichita. You can't use a broad term such as all the houses in Wichita are poor quality and all the builders are bad. Did you visit your construction site diligently. Watch what the sub contractors were doing. Everytime you saw something you didn't think was up to your standard you should have called your super and let him know. I am sorry you had such a bad experience. Oh about the taxes at least we aren't bankrupt sorry had to say it....

Old 05-20-2010, 02:49 PM

4 posts, read 5,074 times
Ohh you poor thing

Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 PM

31 posts, read 110,003 times
Well, sorry you had (sort of) a bad experience with Wichita. I can certainly understand someone who is used to a mild climate having difficulty adjusting to the extremes we have here. I personally like summers and winters almost as much as spring and fall, I could do without the wind though.
As far as housing quality, you could have done what I did which is buy an older house that's been fixed up or fix it up, you may get a better quality house. Seems like everyone I know who bought a new house is surprised at the repairs and maintenance that they end up having to do. Maybe that's because most of friends are regular people with regular jobs (i.e. many are aircraft related) and can't necessarily afford the top end highest quality homes.
Regardless, I imagine that whether the house is new or old you will find all levels of quality around town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita