Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2018, 06:43 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
LOL - Walker ain't done with politics! Trust me, this won't be the last of Scott Walker. He is a career politician who has limited experience in the private sector, though I won't single him out because I could name a few Democratic career politicians off the top of my head.

I could see Scott Walker running for Ron Johnson's vacant 2022 U.S. Senate seat (and easily securing the nomination) or even running for another governor's race. Terry Branstad in Iowa ran for governor a decade later after governing the state for 16 years and won. Sadly, Wisconsin is most likely still stuck with Walker. - I hope I'm wrong. In the meantime, I think he's either going to get appointed to Trump's cabinet or become a Fox News commentator bashing public sector employees. Just to do something worthwhile until he wrangles his way back into Wisconsin politics.

Or go consultant (aka lobbyist) for the people he was working for already. After being kicked out of college (oh, sorry, dropping out) and no degree, his real opportunities in the private sector are limited, but he could use his connections and make $$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 06:04 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,860,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ah yes, far right wingers calling people names. You follow your dear Nationalistic leader quite well! Classy to the last!

No, actually, you did not. You spouted off some middle school level civics crud. Nothing more. And you were factually incorrect.

Seriously, if what you learned about American History, civics, and the Constitution stopped in high school when you were taught red scare crap, and if you believe Republicans are more conservative and more a party for the little people, you have ZERO credibility.

Dems have loads of problems (most of them are DINOs), primarily in that they are big business centrists and not progressive enough as the Democratic party has taken a hard right turn over the last few decades, but hopefully that is changing. Republicans? They have NOTHING of value except tax cuts for the ultra wealthy on the back of the workers and reduced rights.

And no, there is no perfect system, but a parliamentary system is far more democratic. Ours is downright anti-democratic (cue some more middle school civics rants on how we are "not a democracy", yawn.... kids these days).
"

WTF are you talking about?? You are now just rambling.
Try Xanex.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:24 PM

747 posts, read 840,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Try Xanex.

That was quite a strange and delirious rant or ramble wasn't it. I copied and pasted it in another forum and it already has over 60 comments on it. Almost wants me to bait him for some more fodder.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Try Xanex.

Perfectly coherent. Sorry you aren't able to understand proper English and cogent points, which explains why you're on the far right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
That was quite a strange and delirious rant or ramble wasn't it. I copied and pasted it in another forum and it already has over 60 comments on it. Almost wants me to bait him for some more fodder.

Ah, showing your "character" again.

Last edited by timberline742; 11-19-2018 at 07:03 AM..

Old 11-29-2018, 08:36 PM

512 posts, read 474,528 times
Does anyone know why SW Wisconsin is more Democratic than other regions of the state? And why is the far northwest corner of the state Blue? The rurals in Wisconsin have trended towards the GOP this past decade and are mostly gone for Democrats, while the rural parts of SW Wisconsin continues to be a swing region that leans Democrat. It also seems like the GOP strength in WOW has slowly eroded since Trump got elected, which actually costed Walker the election this time - because Waukesha and Ozaukee Counties were under 70 percent Republican this time. A Democrat now represents a small portion of Waukesha County (specifically Brookfield). Her name is Robyn Vining.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:09 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Does anyone know why SW Wisconsin is more Democratic than other regions of the state? And why is the far northwest corner of the state Blue? The rurals in Wisconsin have trended towards the GOP this past decade and are mostly gone for Democrats, while the rural parts of SW Wisconsin continues to be a swing region that leans Democrat. It also seems like the GOP strength in WOW has slowly eroded since Trump got elected, which actually costed Walker the election this time - because Waukesha and Ozaukee Counties were under 70 percent Republican this time. A Democrat now represents a small portion of Waukesha County (specifically Brookfield). Her name is Robyn Vining.
It's kind of like a slice of Vermont in Wisconsin. The terrain prevents commercial agriculture from taking root, so the area has always been oriented towards family farms. Organic Valley is in La Farge and GoMacro is in Viola, and I think they are there because of the regions culture. I wouldn't say it's liberal overall, but I think it's a rare rural area that is economically liberal but socially conservative.

I mean, SW Wisconsin is basically the antithesis of Walker and Trump. Big $$$ Walker with his billionaire donor friends could not be further from the culture in SW Wisconsin.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:12 AM

Maybe it is because the driftless area is so beautiful that it is hard to be filled with hatred.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:27 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe it is because the driftless area is so beautiful that it is hard to be filled with hatred.
Probably a big part of it.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:40 AM

383 posts, read 400,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Probably a big part of it.
Does not seem to hold so true to someone exploring this forum as this thread continues to hold the #1 position. It would not score high in the area of civil discourse or the goal of the forum which ironically is the sticky located directly above.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:56 PM

512 posts, read 474,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
Does not seem to hold so true to someone exploring this forum as this thread continues to hold the #1 position. It would not score high in the area of civil discourse or the goal of the forum which ironically is the sticky located directly above.
Given what far too many Republicans stand for these days, it's hard to have "civil discourse" about anything pertaining to Republicans.

If you want an example, just look at what the GOP-controlled legislatures are doing in both Wisconsin and Michigan. They are attempting to strip their newly elected Democratic governors' powers away, as well as many other Democratic statewide elected officials. This is an attack on Democracy - Republicans don't want us to vote. Why does the WI GOP suddenly want to limit early voting, take Evers out of the legislative redistricting process, and have any say-so over the controversial WI voter ID law? Why do they suddenly pass these bills when their candidates lose? WI and MI have been the hotbed of Koch Brothers money for years now, and it may NEVER come to an end, no matter who is elected. This is why I will NEVER EVER, EVER vote for another Republican in my life! BTW, C-D Republicans, these voting changes are coming out of OUR pockets - voting changes will cost $6.8 million in taxpayer money. That taxpayer money could be invested in our roads, schools, and healthcare, but nope, all the WI Republicans care about is a last-minute power grab. And guess what? Scott Walker could easily veto this bill, but he said he won't because he is a SORE loser! If you want more proof about him being a sore loser, go to his Twitter page. He is honestly the worst governor in WI history and has instituted this "Us. vs Them" mentality since Day 1, and his "divide and conquer" legacy will only hurt him when he runs for future political positions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.38371247114c

And please don't give me the "but Democrats do it, too" BS to divert attention away from the corruption of the modern GOP. There were also hundreds (if not thousands) of protesters at the State Capitol Building yesterday, in case anyone is wondering.

And tell me how this is fair:

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 12-03-2018 at 11:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin