Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:24 PM

6 posts, read 12,728 times

Advertisements

what up wisconsin

well im 19 i was born and raised in the san fransisco area im a big packer fan. ive always dreamed of moving to greenbay hopefully in the next 5 years if not now. ive heard alot negative talk about wisconsin so can someone please tell me some good about living in wisconsin. whats hunting, fishing like or the cost of living . is it a good place for a young kid like me to live????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 01:09 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
This has to be a joke.

Ever been to Fresno? Now imagine a place 1/4th the size and four times duller and winters so cold any exposed skin literally hurts after standing outside for 5 minutes. Oh yeah, and everybody's white. That's Green Bay for you. Maybe a good place to go if you have a high tolerance for cold winters and you just want a relatively sane and quiet place to settle down and raise a family. But it would not be on my list of places to recommend to a 19-year-old striking out on his own for the first time. If you absolutely have to move to Wisconsin, look into Madison instead.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 AM

nah man its not a joke yah fresnos tight . cold wheather aint **** to me i survived the long 20 degree oregon winter on my own so im sure i can handle it as long as theres snowboarding haha. all white?? perfect for me growing up in this expensive dump you cant go anywhere with out seeing and illegal family. i go to work in the morning all i see is about 20 + mexicans standing outside of every gas station begging for jobs not that im racist but it gets old after seeing it everyday of your life.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:22 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
This has to be a joke.

Ever been to Fresno? Now imagine a place 1/4th the size and four times duller and winters so cold any exposed skin literally hurts after standing outside for 5 minutes. Oh yeah, and everybody's white. That's Green Bay for you. Maybe a good place to go if you have a high tolerance for cold winters and you just want a relatively sane and quiet place to settle down and raise a family. But it would not be on my list of places to recommend to a 19-year-old striking out on his own for the first time. If you absolutely have to move to Wisconsin, look into Madison instead.
I heard something on the news about Green Bay being one of the fastest growing mexican communities. Like approaching twenty percent in the next ten years. It's over ten percent now.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:28 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Oh yeah, forgot the Indians too since there's a reservation right outside of town. Still, compared to the Bay area... everybody's white.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:31 AM

good **** i guess huh

Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 AM

746 posts, read 2,175,459 times
I would suggest a visit in January - February if possible before deciding to move. I love the area and don't want to deter you, but it is really cold. Colder than Oregon. There's a reason why they call it the "frozen tundra of Lambeau field."
On the plus side, if you like the great outdoors, there is plenty to do all 4 seasons. A lot of snowmobilers were happy to get a good snowfall last winter.
And cost of living is considerable less too.

Last edited by geekduo; 09-16-2008 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: added

Old 09-18-2008, 09:56 AM

572 posts, read 2,485,884 times
I agree you have to visit in January and see how cold it gets. Its like the desert (Lake Havasu) if you want to live there be sure to visit in August when its hot.
Green Bay is a nice place but just a bit to cold for me and lasts to long.
Lake Havasu my Home (http://www.newtohavasu.net/ - broken link)

Old 09-19-2008, 05:12 PM

31 posts, read 198,734 times
Default you'll fit right in

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers4life View Post
nah man its not a joke yah fresnos tight . cold wheather aint **** to me i survived the long 20 degree oregon winter on my own so im sure i can handle it as long as theres snowboarding haha. all white?? perfect for me growing up in this expensive dump you cant go anywhere with out seeing and illegal family. i go to work in the morning all i see is about 20 + mexicans standing outside of every gas station begging for jobs not that im racist but it gets old after seeing it everyday of your life.
That's the attitude of most of the people in GB. Most of them have never left town-- and never will.

The other posters are right-- GB's Latino pop. is exploding. Check out the east side. Lots of businesses have popped up that cater to that community.

Of course-- the general attitude of the local government, and the people who live in Green Bay-- is in line with the original poster. He will fit right in.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:39 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packers4life View Post
what up wisconsin

well im 19 i was born and raised in the san fransisco area im a big packer fan. ive always dreamed of moving to greenbay hopefully in the next 5 years if not now. ive heard alot negative talk about wisconsin so can someone please tell me some good about living in wisconsin. whats hunting, fishing like or the cost of living . is it a good place for a young kid like me to live????
Wow, can we trade places...you come live in Madison and I will go to your native land, the surrounding suburbs would be fine by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin