Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 07:12 PM

781 posts, read 1,619,717 times

Advertisements

Wisconsin is great! I was born there and went to school there Kindergarten-College.

I would move back any given chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 07:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Hey Sideblinded, how's Pittsburgh treating you so far?

Old 03-05-2007, 03:39 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,527,219 times
I was born and raised in Wisconsin. I did move to South Carolina (Myrtle Beach) and came back in less than 6 months. Sure they have the ocean but we have tree's, rolling hills, green fields, more wildlife and 4 seasons. Like said earlier we got our first good snows just last few weeks which has been rare for a while.(feet on ground not minor inches) People are way more friendly up here also. One thing you will notice when there is work to be done it gets done and relax when have time.Another good point of Wisconsin is when there is trouble like a tornado or such everyone gets together to help neighbors, whole towns and surrounding towns all pitch in. No matter where you go someone is going to say bad about it, you got to follow your own instincts on this. I know I am satisfied with life in the Northwoods of Wisconsin and am proud to call it home!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:01 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,596 times
I've been reading all the posts on WI, and the more I read, the more I want to move there. I've lived in California most of my life and have visited Wisconsin many times. I love how green it is there and how the highways aren't congested. I stayed with family in Manitowoc, and loved the small town feel. There seemed to be so much going on for such a small town. I would love to someday call it home!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:33 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Thumbs up Wisconsin

My family and I are moving there in the very near future and I am so excited .
My hubby grew up there ... fishing, hunting, swimming in their clear lakes.
The areas I have visited are truly beautiful and they have four wonderful seasons. It's understandable why so many Germans immigrated there as it is very much like their home country.
You have to check out the House on the Rock. It is amazing. Talk about an imagination going wild.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:52 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,826 times
wow thank you all for the positive posts. it's so nice to hear people have nice things to say. i think winter will be okay what i have gleaned from you all is to try to stay active and do things. i think we'll take up sledding and perhaps snow mobiling. here in CA we dirt bike ride so i think that would be fun. and maybe get a tanning membership for the sun therapy! thanks again

Old 03-07-2007, 11:21 AM

3 posts, read 10,251 times
Positive? Four seasons. Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. You will definitely know what season you are in. The winters are beautiful after a snowfall turns everything into a fairyland. The Springs have their spring flowers, especially fruit tree blossoms and dandelion fields. Falls are the most spectacular, though. Especially if you have a hard frost early on, it will make the trees turn spectacular colors! There you have something to look forward to.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:52 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Default Cheese Head

I've read also some of the negatives about this wonderful state and its "conservative" residents.

I was straight off the boat in a foreign land when I first met my now hubby who is from Wisconsin. Didn't know one thing about the state but here was my intro' to one of its "unfriendly" people.

The first time I saw him he had a large wedge of cheese on his head and a Harley t-shirt

The second time I saw him he had a hat that said "Wisconsin - Land of Cow S**t and Beer Farts" and a Harley t-shirt

That was it for me ... I just had to meet this guy wearing the awsome t-shirts!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:51 PM

3 posts, read 12,130 times
You gotta love Wisconsin! We've traveled all over the country, and there is no other state that is so beautiful! The people are conservative, as a rule, and you have your beer-brat-football crowd - if that's what you're looking for you have it. You also have genuine folk, people who don't need to play games because they are real people. The schools are the best in the nation. What more can you possibly want - hills, trees, lakes, rivers, great folk, whatever your choice of activity can be done in Wisconsin. Camping, fishing, hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, sailboating, snowmobiling, skiing, (ok, surfing can be tough!) theater, symphony, fine dining, the list is endless. I LOVE IT HERE!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:31 PM

9 posts, read 33,170 times
Default Wisconsin Rocks!

I love WI. Moved here two years ago from out West. We live in a small town North of La Crosse. It's perfect. Lot's to do all the time. Tons of festivals, arts, culture, music, great food too! Great camping all over the state. We found great jobs with good benefits. I feel blessed every time I look out my window, Wisconsin has been very good to us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin