Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 09:09 AM

217 posts, read 607,969 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the Nicolet Medical & Dental Clinic (aka Northern Health Centers, Inc) in Lakewood, Wisconsin, or any other health centers in northern WI for those without insurance.

My girlfriend lives near Eagle River and about a month ago suffered a shoulder injury while training a horse. She only works part-time and does not have insurance. She ended up having to go to the emergency room after the pain did not subside for a few days and she could barely move her shoulder. Unfortunately, that bill so far has totaled about $1200 and might go higher. God bless our health care system... Thankfully her mom is going to help her because I know she can't afford it on her own with what she makes.

Anyways, shortly after that visit she got a note from them so she could be cleared to go back to work. Then a few days after returning to work, she slept wrong at night (slept on that bad shoulder) and the next day at work she was in pain and put on a sling to hold her arm up. Instead of work just sending her home because of her troubles keeping up (she works in the food biz), they had her stay. But now she was not on the schedule for work last week and when she went to get her schedule for this week they told her they couldn't put her back on the schedule until she had her shoulder looked at again and got another doctor's note, all because she put a sling on at work.

This sling thing happened like three weeks ago. Her shoulder is fine...she's back training horses multiple times a week. But I guess going up to the manager's face and showing her she has full use of her shoulder isn't good enough. Now she is worried because she can't afford another visit to the ER to have her shoulder looked at just so she can get a note (another $1000 bill when you only make $100+ a week is very expensive), but a visit to the doctor's office probably isn't cheap for someone uninsured, either.

I was trying to find any info on clinics that provide low-cost health care service for those uninsured and/or low-income that she could go to and show the doctor she can use her shoulder just fine and get a note. I came across the Nicolet Medical website and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them or any other similar clinic in northern WI and how much they might charge for a visit.

Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin