Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:48 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times

Advertisements

Do you trust the people you work with?

I can honestly say I don't trust them as far as I can see them. I've always been that way as it relates to people I work with. Adults can be the biggest phonies you've ever dealt with combine that with being phony and you work with them.

What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 07:50 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,912,531 times
Yes and no.

I trust them that they are generally competent to do the work they are assigned to do, and not screw it up. I trust the people who are assigned to work with me, to do the jobs I give them to do.

I don't trust my employer to look out for my career goals. I don't trust my coworkers to have my back. I always presume that the only one looking out for me is me.

I dont' worry about being friends with my coworkers so trusting them in that regard isn't an issue.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:34 PM

162 posts, read 886,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Do you trust the people you work with?

I can honestly say I don't trust them as far as I can see them. I've always been that way as it relates to people I work with. Adults can be the biggest phonies you've ever dealt with combine that with being phony and you work with them.

What about you?
No, I don't trust a soul. At the end of the day, everyone is out for themselves. The people I work with would throw you under the bus in under 5 seconds. I don't give my plans, ideas, or thoughts to any of them. I don't even go on my instant messanger anymore. No point in logging in.

If you would have asked me this 2 years ago, I would probably have a different answer, but my industry is going under and it's dog eat dog.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:52 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,847,430 times
I trusted my co-workers and was friends with several of them until I got laid off. There was this manager who would eat lunch with my every week, talked to me every day and we were just great pals. Anyway, I started griping about some of the stuff going down at the office and I later found out that she had been passing it up the food chain and made sure that I was the one canned when lay-off time came around.

Fortunately I was "laid off" and not fired, but I know why they got rid of me. I know it was her, and she had always told me "everything we say is between us"... bunch of nonsense.

I've learned my lesson and at my new workplace I have made a point to be friendly with the others but I am not friends with any of them. There is a difference. Your co-workers are your co-workers, they are not to be trusted. I have my friends from other places.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:49 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
I don't trust anyone. Luckily, I don't need to. I just do my part and go home.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM

145 posts, read 420,699 times
I trust mine in a sense that they wouldn't steal from me or anything like that but i do not trust them to have my well being in the workplace as their top priority. Most of the people I work with are two faced and what's Funny is the workplace is most of their social lives lol.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:32 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,374,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't trust anyone. Luckily, I don't need to. I just do my part and go home.
What he said ^^^^^

Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,190,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChris View Post
I trust mine in a sense that they wouldn't steal from me or anything like that but i do not trust them to have my well being in the workplace as their top priority. Most of the people I work with are two faced and what's Funny is the workplace is most of their social lives lol.
what he said

Old 04-18-2011, 11:03 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Hmmm.... I trust one of my immediate co-workers completely. And some of my managers and our office manager. I don't trust our property's GM or his assistant. One of my co-workers I don't trust at all because she's from another country, so her English is shaky and... she's very insecure about her job skills. So she is always self promoting herself and if there was a situation, I could count on her to only look out for herself and to throw me under the bus is she felt she needed to.

Of the co-worker I trust completely, we are of the same background. Born in the US, raised in the suburbs, not religious and we are college educated. We understand each other and often think exactly the same way about other people and situations. We also don't consider our present job one that we intend to stay at forever.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:33 PM

358 posts, read 1,057,201 times
I didn't trust my supervisor. How sad is that? But I felt I could trust everyone else I worked with, even the confidant to my supervisor. The two of them liked to complain about everything and everyone, claiming that everyone except them were stupid, even when our boss could hear them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment