Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:58 PM

364 posts, read 1,081,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Why wouldn't I have a social life? My hours are 8am till 4:30pm. I make over $70,000 a year. I admire those that make $200,000 or more. Maybe they do stay later. My boss comes in at 8:am and stays till 5:30pm. He works in the morning on one or 2 saturdays a month.
What field are you in? Are you in the private sector?

Old 04-25-2011, 02:04 PM

623 posts, read 1,603,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi26 View Post
I'd like to know what people are doing for a living making more than 70K, and also having a social life. Most people i Know making more are in management and basically live at work. No thanks
I make well over 70k and have plenty of time for social activities. Do I work 40hrs week. No, typically 50ish but my weekends and nights are usually clear. All depends on the type of company you work for.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:13 PM

623 posts, read 1,603,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmoss85 View Post
Today I had a chance to listen in on a group lunch with workers from some big company and they were complaining about how much they were making!!! I'm sorry but especially after seeing all these threads on this site about people that can't even FIND a job, I have no sympathy for snooty stuck up white collar ***** holes!!!!! If your making 70-100K + where I live especially you need to ****!!!!!!!! Only a complete idiot would find it hard to live on that.... Here's an example

100K a year for just ten years is 1 million dollars!!!!! let's just say after taxes your take home for that period would be some 700,000.... that's more than enough to get a beautiful home and pay it off cash in that time and buy 2-3 vehicles cash... and then whatever is left leave in the bank and work another ten-twenty years, save like MAD because your house would be paid off and then retire early with 1-2 million in the bank! screw all you stuck up, greedy, and ungrateful pricks out there who don't appreciate what you have!!!! and don't even get me started on 500K + jobs!
Your example is silly. Clearly you lack an understanding in finances and life in general.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:26 PM

39 posts, read 151,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
Your example is silly. Clearly you lack an understanding in finances and life in general.
No clearly your just a greedy snob who wants to pretend like your someone "entitled" to complain, when in reality anyone making 100K or over should count their blessings because there are MILLIONS of hard working people who have been laid off, lost their homes, forced to be on government aid, and feel like crap because of how horrible their situation is... You my friend lack the understanding of real life concerns... Try going and living in some other country, let's say Mexico, and you tell me after a few years of working 12 hour days for 50 bucks if you'd be complaining about making 100K a year... You stupid moron!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,331,904 times
Quote:
No clearly your just a greedy snob who wants to pretend like your someone "entitled" to complain, when in reality anyone making 100K or over should count their blessings because there are MILLIONS of hard working people who have been laid off, lost their homes, forced to be on government aid, and feel like crap because of how horrible their situation is... You my friend lack the understanding of real life concerns... Try going and living in some other country, let's say Mexico, and you tell me after a few years of working 12 hour days for 50 bucks if you'd be complaining about making 100K a year... You stupid moron!
Whiny and classless to boot.

You just can't stand the fact that some people do better than you, can you?

Your naked jealousy and green eyed envy of those doing well for themselves makes you sound like a kid ready to hold his breath until he gets his way.

With your attitude it's a small wonder you don't earn much.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:36 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,640,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond2 View Post
I was defending the "higher" wage earners before... justifiably, but let's not bash the "lower" wage earners as having inferior work ethics.

Many low wage earners work over 12 hour days too.
There are many "lower" wage earners who work daytime, evening (or unpaid overtime) and weekend jobs to support their families.

Conversely, there ARE people who earn high salaries and spend more time playing golf instead of being in the office.
Some just delegate work to their underlings who then need to stay late while they themselves, leave for the day.

Different jobs simply have different monetary value but there are hardworking AND lazy people in every salary bracket.

I agree with this post.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:37 PM

39 posts, read 151,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Whiny and classless to boot.

You just can't stand the fact that some people do better than you, can you?

Your naked jealousy and green eyed envy of those doing well for themselves makes you sound like a kid ready to hold his breath until he gets his way.

With your attitude it's a small wonder you don't earn much.
Actually I make anywhere between 50-60K and I don't complain about anything, I have a great life and am thankful for it. Would I like to make more? Sure who wouldn't? Am I jealous of people who make more? No why should I be? What I can't stand are greedy snobs who are privileged enough to have a good job and act like spoiled brats who whine because they don't get more all the time. You must be as ignorant as them I guess!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,179,448 times
Quote:
Today I had a chance to listen in on a group lunch with workers from some big company and they were complaining about how much they were making!!! I'm sorry but especially after seeing all these threads on this site about people that can't even FIND a job, I have no sympathy for snooty stuck up white collar ***** holes!!!!! If your making 70-100K + where I live especially you need to ****!!!!!!!! Only a complete idiot would find it hard to live on that.... Here's an example

100K a year for just ten years is 1 million dollars!!!!! let's just say after taxes your take home for that period would be some 700,000.... that's more than enough to get a beautiful home and pay it off cash in that time and buy 2-3 vehicles cash... and then whatever is left leave in the bank and work another ten-twenty years, save like MAD because your house would be paid off and then retire early with 1-2 million in the bank! screw all you stuck up, greedy, and ungrateful pricks out there who don't appreciate what you have!!!! and don't even get me started on 500K + jobs!
Walk up to a university, and sign up for an economics course. Then follow that up with corporate finance class. You'll realize quickly how irrational this post is.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:39 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,179,448 times
Quote:
Actually I make anywhere between 50-60K and I don't complain about anything, I have a great life and am thankful for it. Would I like to make more? Sure who wouldn't? Am I jealous of people who make more? No why should I be? What I can't stand are greedy snobs who are privileged enough to have a good job and act like spoiled brats who whine because they don't get more all the time. You must be as ignorant as them I guess!
Why do you let what other people do get to you?

Old 04-25-2011, 02:41 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,331,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond2 View Post
I was defending the "higher" wage earners before... justifiably, but let's not bash the "lower" wage earners as having inferior work ethics.

Many low wage earners work over 12 hour days too.
There are many "lower" wage earners who work daytime, evening (or unpaid overtime) and weekend jobs to support their families.

Conversely, there ARE people who earn high salaries and spend more time playing golf instead of being in the office.
Some just delegate work to their underlings who then need to stay late while they themselves, leave for the day.

Different jobs simply have different monetary value but there are hardworking AND lazy people in every salary bracket.
No one is bashing low wage earners. What I deride is the seeming hatred on the part of some of others for no crime other than doing well. A talented surgeon may make as little as $200,000 (and potentially much more) a year. If that surgeon believes s/he is underpaid for her/his talents s/he's got every right to complain. No one has the right to tell someone else that they're earning "enough". The only person who may rightly determine what you want to earn in life is you. Those hating others for doing better than they degrade themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment