Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 08:05 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,370,762 times

Advertisements

I am not personally insulting you by asking for you to re-send some paperwork via fax or email. I am sure you DID, in fact, send it already, but if I did not receive it, then please just send again without the attitude.
I am not sure I understand why people take these requests personally.
I need my paperwork. Period.
Maybe the gremlins stole it, whatever. I am not insinuating that you did not do your job, all I want is the papers I did not get the first time.

Is anyone out there super sensitive to these kinds of things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:09 AM

841 posts, read 1,920,218 times
Is this a client or are you the client?

I've been dealing with various agencies for months in connection with my son and I keep having to chase them down about things.

After awhile you start to develop an attitude. You start asking why the **** can't people keep things straight and do their job?

PS Sending things registered mail is good.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef.sunny22 View Post
Is this a client or are you the client?

I've been dealing with various agencies for months in connection with my son and I keep having to chase them down about things.

After awhile you start to develop an attitude. You start asking why the **** can't people keep things straight and do their job?

PS Sending things registered mail is good.
I pay certain vendors with a credit card and all I ask is that they please send me the receipt. If I don't get it for many days afterwards, I don't know if the payment was processed. Not sure why they cannot just send right after processing. The part that gets me is their attitude when I call and ask.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 AM

841 posts, read 1,920,218 times
They could easily scan and email you which would take a few minutes. Maybe, though, you need a better system. Relying on other people to do things may not be the best situation when it comes to checking on your payments.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef.sunny22 View Post
They could easily scan and email you which would take a few minutes. Maybe, though, you need a better system. Relying on other people to do things may not be the best situation when it comes to checking on your payments.
Most do email directly. I think they get lazy, process, forget to scan or fax, then just get annoyed when I follow up. Calls attention to the fact they missed a step. Thanks for the input.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,655,411 times
Vendors shouldn't be giving an attitude about this.

But, if my boss or someone else at work asks me to send something I have already sent, I do get annoyed. Because they should keep better track of their emails. Especially if the same person asks you over and over again to resend something.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Vendors shouldn't be giving an attitude about this.

But, if my boss or someone else at work asks me to send something I have already sent, I do get annoyed. Because they should keep better track of their emails. Especially if the same person asks you over and over again to resend something.
Yes, I guess we all know if we have done something and hate to be re-asked.
I am super meticulous, so I know what has and has not arrived.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 AM

878 posts, read 1,656,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
I am not personally insulting you by asking for you to re-send some paperwork via fax or email. I am sure you DID, in fact, send it already, but if I did not receive it, then please just send again without the attitude.
I am not sure I understand why people take these requests personally.
I need my paperwork. Period.
Maybe the gremlins stole it, whatever. I am not insinuating that you did not do your job, all I want is the papers I did not get the first time.

Is anyone out there super sensitive to these kinds of things?
Doing the paperwork is one of the great perks of my job. I work with aluminum and titanium and when it comes to their aircraft parts Boeing is VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY picky about the paperwork being done correctly... traceability of the metal being used is one of the biggest things we have to make 110% sure is correct.

I can totally see why of course... and it's all good with me. I used to be insulted when I missed a minor detail or something but now I take it with a smile when a QA inspector gives me a call or an email...

Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 AM

18 posts, read 21,196 times
Even though I haven't worked for 13 yrs, I can see that anywhere I go, people just will not do their jobs. And they wonder why the products and services in USA are so bad. Don't want to open a can of worms here, but a lot of it has to do with 'affirmative action'. People who qualify for this know they can't get fired so they can do anything they want. Way too rampant here in the south.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisymay View Post
Even though I haven't worked for 13 yrs, I can see that anywhere I go, people just will not do their jobs. And they wonder why the products and services in USA are so bad. Don't want to open a can of worms here, but a lot of it has to do with 'affirmative action'. People who qualify for this know they can't get fired so they can do anything they want. Way too rampant here in the south.
Ah, yes. Too true. Mediocrity is alive and well everywhere, but I tend to agree that here in Texas, at least, it's very bad. Lots of complacency and a semi-decent work ethic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment