Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,500,296 times

Advertisements

They can’t build homes fast enough here

They can
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 09:10 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,040,177 times
Makes sense - I hope that the oil boom can stick around and the place doesn't get clobbered with negative environmental side effects. We need all the industry we can get in this nation, and more energy sources is always good, along with jobs for folks in those industries.

I wish them luck.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,205,684 times
If anyone wants to see what this place will look like in 20 years, check out most of West Virginia.

Jobs based around non renewable resources are temporary and unsustainable.

By the way, you do know that many of the people out there working that boom cant even afford to live in real housing right, especially the support people?

Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
If anyone wants to see what this place will look like in 20 years, check out most of West Virginia.

Jobs based around non renewable resources are temporary and unsustainable.

By the way, you do know that many of the people out there working that boom cant even afford to live in real housing right, especially the support people?
No matter what people post on here for work or job opportunities
you are always going from thread to thread
trying to shoot it down or say it is not worth it.

You never have anything good to post, just negative
talk, and try to destroy other peoples hopes for work and a paycheck.

Don't you have any hope for people or do you just
get your kicks destroying other peoples hopes, because you are bored
and can't find work ? ? ? ...

Last edited by bumpus7; 07-31-2012 at 09:33 AM..

Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
No mater what people post on here for work or job opportunities
you are always going from thread to thread
trying to shoot it down or say it is not worth it.

You never have anything good to post, just negative
talk, and try to destroy other peoples hopes for work and a paycheck.

Don't you have any hope for people or do you just
get your kicks destroying other peoples hopes, because you are bored
and can't find work ? ? ? ...

Do you have some sort of problems with delusion? Seriously, at no point have I ever once said I was unemployed. In fact, I pretty much write all my posts exclusively FROM work.

Second, if anyone is attaching their "hopes" to a non renewable resource, they are an idiot. Im sure even the people actually working in the fields realize that their job is likely temporary.

Third, you do nothing but post articles with misleading identification, without addressing any of the downsides that come with it. In this case, the article itself outright points to the lack of affordable housing in the boom towns, and the fact that people are living in temporary housing camps and even their own cars.

Considering North Dakotas winters, I should hope a person considering running off to the oil fields would have concern about having to sleep in their car.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Do you have some sort of problems with delusion? Seriously, at no point have I ever once said I was unemployed. In fact, I pretty much write all my posts exclusively FROM work.

Second, if anyone is attaching their "hopes" to a non renewable resource, they are an idiot. Im sure even the people actually working in the fields realize that their job is likely temporary.

Third, you do nothing but post articles with misleading identification, without addressing any of the downsides that come with it. In this case, the article itself outright points to the lack of affordable housing in the boom towns, and the fact that people are living in temporary housing camps and even their own cars.

Considering North Dakotas winters, I should hope a person considering running off to the oil fields would have concern about having to sleep in their car.

At least they are working and companies
are needing and are hiring more workers.

And you know very little about WV my home state ! ! ! ...

Old 07-31-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
At least they are working and companies
are needing and are hiring more workers.

And you know very little about WV my home state ! ! ! ...

WV is your home state, that explains alot.

Any how, I just read an article the other day on the poorest towns in the country, about half of them were in West Virginia. In almost every case they were former coal towns where either the coal dried up, or the mines just shut down. Ghost towns near former gold or silver mines are all over the American west.

Thats what happens to boom towns when the resource dries up or the mine shuts down. Period.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:

Any how, I just read an article the other day on the poorest towns in the country, about half of them were in West Virginia. In almost every case they were former coal towns where either the coal dried up, or the mines just shut down. Ghost towns near former gold or silver mines are all over the American west.

Thats what happens to boom towns when the resource dries up or the mine shuts down. Period.
Most Americans know and understand that ! ! !

Old 07-31-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Most Americans know and understand that ! ! !

Yet, you say Im trying to "rain on peoples parade" by pointing that out?

Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 PM

10,835 posts, read 14,947,955 times
Quote:

Coal didn't dry up the EPA shut down the power plants that used the coal.

As far as alternative sources of fuel Obama's Algae Energy Euphoria: Is Pond Scum A Green Scam? - Forbes

It's a scam like everything else involved with the envirowackos.

Quote:
Remember how ethanol was going to save us from dependence on foreign oil imports? After four decades, huge mandates to force it on gasoline consumers, tens of billions of dollars in subsidies, and huge impacts upon food prices, it only represented about five percent of automotive fuel (by volume) in 2008. Biodiesel accounted for less than one percent of the diesel market that year.
But it's the pond scammers that take the cake. Every crooked shyster in America is going to be hopping onto this bandwagon because there are lots of bucks to be made from stupid, gullible people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment