Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,078 times

Advertisements

I have a TAFE Diploma in Accounting & was wondering what types of accounting positions i can apply for that requires minimum interaction with people. I heard jobs like Accounts Clerk or Bookkeeping is good but what is the difference between their roles?
Also, i'm still deciding whether or not to go to uni next year, but if i do will it just increase my job opportunity? Even if i get a degree i think i would rather work a lower position in Accounting.

Do employers look at your transcript because i'm completing my Advance Diploma & afraid that i will only get passes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,421,872 times
Good luck with that.
Fact is automation has pretty much eliminated "lower level" positions such as "billing clerk", "bookkeeper", audit technician...

Fact is even "over qualified" people are having a rough time finding jobs as more firms rely on third parties and software packages to handle roles that used to go those without degrees.

Here is a mostly accurate but still humorous perspective by an introvert that DOES need to interact with people for his job -- Caring for Your Introvert - Jonathan Rauch - The Atlantic

It is entirely possible to have a successful career and still make room for some "quiet time". This is different from people that have extreme anxiety toward interacting with others or other asocial behaviors that could include types of personality disorders that may be treated -- Personality disorder - Treatment

Anxiety disorder - Phobias
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment