Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 05:31 AM

867 posts, read 1,594,672 times

Advertisements

I also get emails from ebay say list the first 50 items for free. The fees are very high but I'm basically trying to sell nice stuff that's too nice to sell on craigslist.

I do remember reading something about a return policy. Is that mandatory and is it for everything or just ebay stores?

It does seem like ebay is taking a bigger cut which is why I don't like to sell there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 07:03 AM

3,522 posts, read 7,816,556 times
I occasionally make some extra money on Ebay, but I don't make a career out of it. A few months ago my work tossed out three copies of some old software still in the shrink wrap. I took them home and placed one of them on Ebay with a $100 buy it now. I was floored that it sold in a few hours, I ended up selling the other two copies to someone for $150 each. That's $400 extra just for picking something out of the trash. You never know what will sell on Ebay, but now I keep a much closer eye on the trash bins at work.

But yes I've noticed the fees edging up, there market is saturated, the only to can make ever higher profits is by raising there fees.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:35 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,780,186 times
I've lately tried to sell a Sniper computer case, Dodge Strut Cap Kit, and Women's Cycling Jerseys on Craigslist but no one has responded. It's seems I might have to resort to selling on ebay. When I sold some skirt suit back in 2010 after Paypal and ebay fees I got 96 to 97% of the auction price. But today it might be different.

Are listing still free these days? I think ebay makes their money from your sale and then they charge a listing fee cut.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 PM

23 posts, read 117,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I've lately tried to sell a Sniper computer case, Dodge Strut Cap Kit, and Women's Cycling Jerseys on Craigslist but no one has responded. It's seems I might have to resort to selling on ebay. When I sold some skirt suit back in 2010 after Paypal and ebay fees I got 96 to 97% of the auction price. But today it might be different.

Are listing still free these days? I think ebay makes their money from your sale and then they charge a listing fee cut.
I've been in the market for women's cycling jerseys and never once did I consider to look on craigslist. I was looking on ebay the whole time.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,713,522 times
I don't want to do Craiglist because I don't want people coming to the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment