Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 03:11 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

I got my regualr pay for this week but it seems someone must have hit the button again because I got paid twice. I get direct deposit.I don't get any bonuses or anything so I know its a mistake on their part. Should I mention this to payroll or shut up and enjoy?

What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 04:12 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,709,844 times
Do you really have to ask?

Old 11-22-2012, 04:18 AM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Mention it, yes. Likely you won't get your next scheduled pay or they will deduct portions until you even out.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:54 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
If you "shut up and enjoy" you won't be jumping for joy when your next pay period comes around and there's a big fat ZERO in your account. You really think this will go unnoticed?

Old 11-22-2012, 04:55 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
report it. It won't go unnoticed.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:19 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I got my regualr pay for this week but it seems someone must have hit the button again because I got paid twice. I get direct deposit.I don't get any bonuses or anything so I know its a mistake on their part. Should I mention this to payroll or shut up and enjoy?

What would you do?

The true character and integrity of a man is displayed by what he does when nobody is looking.

If you sit back and enjoy you are just another thief,a human being without worth or value. The lowest form of life in my book. Not unlike the sort of turd that would observe a widow lady drop her social security envelope then pick it up proclaiming "losers weepers finders keepers". True dirt.

And if you think they won't eventually notice you're an idiot besides a turd.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:18 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,636,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

What would you do?
It won't go unnoticed. It will show up for them on an audit variance report-- and even if they don't notice it immediately will get noticed before the end of the year.

Report it-- then you won't be surprised or having to pay back funds unexpectedly.

Who knows it could be something that was intentional for some weird reason.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:30 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
They will deduct the duplicate payment quickly. You likely will notice within 2 business days from it occurring. Likely it happened to everyone that had direct deposit at your company. Others probably called already. Even if they didn't, someone in the payroll department will notice it quickly. They have checks and balances in place and folks that review reports on a constant basis.

Don't spend it...you will have bounced checks to deal with when the extra money is deducted from your account. When you signed up for direct deposit, you agreed to such things, so they are allowed to fix their mistake and deduct the duplicate payment.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:12 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
As everyone else has advised, the duplicate payment will definitely be noticed. Maybe everyone was double-paid by mistake. And, if you dont tell your company about it, what will you say when they ask WHY you didnt do so? That could even be grounds for dismissal.

I hope you'll come back here and post that you notified your company and they explained that it was a Christmas bonus.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:18 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

The true character and integrity of a man is displayed by what he does when nobody is looking.

If you sit back and enjoy you are just another thief,a human being without worth or value. The lowest form of life in my book. Not unlike the sort of turd that would observe a widow lady drop her social security envelope then pick it up proclaiming "losers weepers finders keepers". True dirt.

And if you think they won't eventually notice you're an idiot besides a turd.
Sorry,but you have some nerve. I didn't ask for twice the pay. Its their fault.
Personally,the company benefits are scum. I don't get sick,vacation,only paid time off.
One week for a whole year. That's why I don't feel too sorry for them.
Also,when my pay is wrong,which frequently it is,why don't those TURDS ever call me and say"we screwed up your checks,we will send you the correct amount?" I always have to call them.
How come they never call me? Is it because they aren't honest and righteous as you make it sound like companies are in your post?

But I guess I will report it,and tell them to take whatever little paid time off I have instead of the next paycheck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment